The Dior Diorama Thread

So I've looked through this thread and people have posted beautiful pictures of their grey medium dioramas.

My question is: can anyone confirm if there are two different types of grey sold by Dior. Everyone refers to them as grey or gris - which I assume are the same thing but some pictures I've seen a lighter pale grey and in others I've seen a much darker grey. Is this just the fact they've been taken in different lighting or are there two types of grey colours available ?

Hello Ladies :heart:

Need your help! I am doing my research about Diorama, and would be glad for any info - sizes, leather, colours (permanent and seasonal), comfortability, everything. If you can share some personal experience and/or link at forum where I can read, I would really really appreciate it!

TIA:heart:

Need your help! I am doing my research about Diorama, and would be glad for any info - sizes, leather, colours (permanent and seasonal), comfortability, everything. If you can share some personal experience and/or link at forum where I can read, I would really really appreciate it!

I'm tagging two guys to this reply (@hightea_xx and @incoralblue ) as they both have the Diorama and can share their personal experiences with the bag.

Other information is either on this thread, or here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/diorama-pictures-only.893499/ (no chatter in this thread)

Last edited:

I have the large black Diorama in fine grained calfskin (Raf Simon’s version) and Maria Grazia’s medium black studded Diorama in lambskin.

After owning the medium I realize that I prefer this size better. Although the lambskin is more delicate (though very soft). If it’ll be your everyday bag, I say go for calfskin - mine can take a beating! If it’s an occasional use bag, then smooth lambskin is quite nice.

Do you have a hardware preference? I would check with your local Dior boutique to see what they have available and narrow it down from there.

Also if you only carry a handful of items and a small wallet, do try on the small. The look of Diorama can be deceiving, they can actually hold more than you’d think.