The Diane von Furstenberg {DVF} thread!

I am hoping to mine this thread's knowledge of the wacky DvF sizing and figure out if the cotton "Scarlet" cut would fit me. I own three DvF (Julian and Jeanne) in size 4-6, but after two children they don't fit me anymore :crybaby:. I love this dress and I think it might fit me given the extra room in the hips and higher neckline to keep "the girls" under cover. http://www.ebay.com/itm/22192076814...1&exe=13453&ext=34391&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext. But I am wondering if the 10 would be too big? I am 5' 2" and 130lbs. Would love to hear any advice!

I see from earlier posts that others have found inconsistent sizing in the DVF dresses. In my very limited experience trying on a dozen or more dresses in the past two weeks, this line has some of the most inconsistent sizing I have seen, even in the same style!

Today I tried another Reina dress on in the same size as the one I just returned from the DVF website sale. This other one is much more generously cut. Strange!

Ugh! Tell me about it! I tried on a 12 in a Tallulah wrap at Neiman's, which fit but was a bit snug so I ordered a 14, and it fits TIGHTER THAN THE 12! :mad:

I've really been wanting the Kaden in Riveria Buds but held off because I figured it would probably be too short, but Matches had it on sale so I figured what the heck its free shipping and returns. I got it in a 12 and it fit but it didn't really hang as nicely as I thought it should have, I need just a leeeeetle more room, so I sent it back.

I was able to track down a 14 at a DVF outlet though - I LOVE IT! :woot: It is so easy breezy and fun, will be perfect for a summer day dress!

I'm really debating tracking another one down in a Giant Floral Buds, but I'm really on the fence because I don't know if this pattern will look good on me and if I order from an outlet I can't send it back. Still debating. Can anyone sway me :graucho:

I also ordered a Reina in the B&W big floral pattern (can't remember the name) and was so happy to see there was A LOT of fabric to let down so that wasn't the problem. The problem is a 14 was so snug it looked like a hoochie mama dress on me :rant:: I sent it back to the DVF website and put a note about the inconsistent sizing in the comments section. That is ridiculous :rant:

I love that Kaden though! I really hope DVF has this cut next season in more patterns!

I bought a DVF wrap dress a couple of years ago. It is from the "vintage" collection and the design is brambles. It is off white and black. After moving several times and having it dry cleaned I noticed a couple patches of discoloration, it almost looks like sepia toned.. Is there anyway to fix this, or can I have it dyed, it's 100% silk.

I can post pictures if you need :smile:

Drop what you’re doing and cancel your plans as the Diane von Furstenberg sample sale is here!

Find discounts at 70% off!

On 18 (7:30am-8pm), 19 (9am-6pm), 21 and 22 March 2016 (7:30am-8pm) at Hoxton Gallery, 59 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HX.

Sorry for the delay!! I was in the middle of a move. Here are some pictures of the discoloration

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 891
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 852
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 860
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 894
I own some DVF, but never been a huge fan. Wrap dresses are just not made for people with boobs.

Anyway the recent hiring Jonathan Saunders at their CCO, has made me rethink the brand. They have some really interesting pieces out there right now.

Reactions: WingNut