The cute ALMA BB club!

View attachment 4727291
I got this recently. This is what it looks like in daylight and is very close to the actual IRL color. It is a nice vibrant pink, but not neon. It's hard to describe because it changes with the lighting. I'd say it's close to magenta and fuchsia pink, with blue undertones. Hope this helps!

Hi there! Can you please repost the picture because it doesn’t allow me to see it for some reason. Contemplating buying this piece. Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking about getting the Alma bb but can't decide whether to get the epi noir or damier ebene. It seems like the de version is the most popular model which leads me to think there must be a reason. Anyone here has both or some strong opinions about one over the other that you want to share? De is never available in boutique so didn't get to try it. TIA

Reactions: luxurylucy
I think one of the reasons DE seems to be more popular than epi is because the price is a little lower.

I chose epi instead of DE for a few reasons: DE is a recognizable LV print and epi is more under the radar, which I prefer. Epi is more versatile to me because I feel like I can dress it up or down whereas I think of DE as strictly casual. And for the price of epi vs canvas, I think epi is a better value. These are just my opinions, though! ;)

I think one of the reasons DE seems to be more popular than epi is because the price is a little lower.

I chose epi instead of DE for a few reasons: DE is a recognizable LV print and epi is more under the radar, which I prefer. Epi is more versatile to me because I feel like I can dress it up or down whereas I think of DE as strictly casual. And for the price of epi vs canvas, I think epi is a better value. These are just my opinions, though! ;)

ditto for me! I love my understated Epi Noir look and it goes to day to night easily. However, I am now contemplating on a Alma BB DE for casual/day/travel wear.

I'm thinking about getting the Alma bb but can't decide whether to get the epi noir or damier ebene. It seems like the de version is the most popular model which leads me to think there must be a reason. Anyone here has both or some strong opinions about one over the other that you want to share? De is never available in boutique so didn't get to try it. TIA

I'm the same, I can't decide!
I think for me the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the epi noir is that the hardware is silver and I prefer golden hardware - other than that, I think the epi noir is perfect, understated, easy to transform from day to night and still a classic LV shape.. But the golden hardware still makes me think about the DE :-s :angel:

I'm the same, I can't decide!
I think for me the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the epi noir is that the hardware is silver and I prefer golden hardware - other than that, I think the epi noir is perfect, understated, easy to transform from day to night and still a classic LV shape.. But the golden hardware still makes me think about the DE :-s :angel:
That's funny bc the silver hw is what's really leaning me towards epi. The DE version seems to wear better long term, I've seen the black epi with scratches along the middle part as well as it losing its shape (caves in in the middle of the bag). Any info on the wear n tear you can share on the epi @mocktail @Love_N_Lune ? TIA

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Joining the club! This is my first Alma bb and I don't see it being my last! I'm absolutely in love with the colour, and I think the shape is so classy.

This is also my first epi bag so I just want to check do epi bags hold up well against rain, scratches etc? Anything I should know about how to care for it?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20200513_133637195_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200513_133637195_HDR.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 311
  • thumbnail_IMG_20200513_140249951_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200513_140249951_HDR.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 315
That's funny bc the silver hw is what's really leaning me towards epi. The DE version seems to wear better long term, I've seen the black epi with scratches along the middle part as well as it losing its shape (caves in in the middle of the bag). Any info on the wear n tear you can share on the epi @mocktail @Love_N_Lune ? TIA
I haven't had mine very long, but I'm storing it stuffed with a specially made pillow to help it keep its shape. From what I've read, epi can dent or scratch, but is pretty resilient if you don't abuse it. Canvas is probably even more carefree, but I wanted my first Alma to be more versatile (for me, canvas would only be casual but epi could be casual or dressy).

Reactions: EdnaMode
It depends on how you plan to wear yours. I have the epi noir( mom is "holding":biggrin: it for me right now) and the DE.
I use both differently.
Like the others who chimed in, I also agree that the epi is definitely more versatile.
For me, Alma BB DE represents more of LV's heritage in material and design. Also, the handle placement and the brown leather accents compared to the size of the bag make the bag look sooooo cute. I use the DE definitely for casual occasions, and when I don't care about being under the radar.

I would like to buy a DE bag and torn between the Alma BB and Speedy 25B. I would use the bag causally and travel, if any.

I have the Alma BB in Epi noir and Speedy 25B in mono. I don’t use the mono Speedy as much as my epi Alma because of Florida rain. However, I do prefer my handbags be MIF and know Alma BB in DE comes MIF...but for how much longer? This is a contributing reason why I am considering the Alma BB in DE but I would like a larger size such as the Speedy 25B. Help on deciding an everyday bag!!!

help!