The Color Espresso (versus) Ebano

shiba_inu

O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
Since the classic BV color of Ebano has now been replaced by Espresso, I think some are curious about what Espresso looks like. Or compares with Ebano. It sounds like the new shade is darker, but a picture really is worth a thousand words...

Some of the outlets and even online retailers may still have a few Ebano pieces left, as they phase out the much beloved color. Which makes it very difficult to decide between the two, especially if one hasn't seen Espresso.

Any owners of Espresso pieces willing to volunteer in posting pictures? Or even comparisons, if you have both. TIA! :smile:

P.S. I guess the pictures should go into the color comparison and the brown threads.

...I think I need a parachute bag. :loveeyes:

I'm still new to BV, so every time I see a pic of a bag I've never seen before, I sigh and add it to the list. My wallet is going to be hurting, but my closet will be so pretty.

...I think I need a parachute bag. :loveeyes:

I'm still new to BV, so every time I see a pic of a bag I've never seen before, I sigh and add it to the list. My wallet is going to be hurting, but my closet will be so pretty.
I feel your pain! Ever since I saw a very chic woman at Stanford Center carrying a parachute, I've been thinking about them. The luck of finding two special bags has kept me in "resistance phase".

While we are at it, can we have comparison between Espresso and Moro as well? Both are darker (dark choco) while ebano is milk choco, but then are they the same?

While we are at it, can we have comparison between Espresso and Moro as well? Both are darker (dark choco) while ebano is milk choco, but then are they the same?
I want to say Espresso is in between the two. If I remember correctly, Moro was such a dark brown that it looked almost black in some lights. I don't think Espresso is quite that dark and then of course you have to consider the skin and whether or not it's intrecciato.
I have a colour library in my computer somewhere, I will look later today and see if I can make a comparison between all three.
Although, if you check out the reference library under the "Browns Family", there might be a few pics of Moro.

moro was a very dark brown almost black but it was nappa umbria which made it really amazing in my opinion. to me espresso is almost black but without the different treatment.
i loved nappa umbria i wish they would bring that back.

I agree with annie9999, I loved the Moro as well, I tried to find a piece some time ago and there was nothing available. I find the ebano to be light like milk chocolate. I love the expresso color- it takes on different shades in different lights. Here's some pics - sorry the only ébano piece is SLG - I shot a close up hopefully give a contrast.

Attachments

• IMG_4312.JPG
    IMG_4312.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,168
Last edited:
Reactions: jbags07
Here is my homemade collage of Espresso-Moro-Ebano.
These are the 2016 versions of the colours. I say 2016 version because I remember Moro being much darker than what I'm seeing right now - the current Roma on the site is offered in Moro (light calf).
3rd photo is Ebano on the left and Espresso on the right.
Hope this helps anyone for comparison purposes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.57.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.57.27 AM.png
    752.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.30.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.30.33 AM.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.53.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.53.44 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,048