The Coach Outlets in Puerto Rico, my experience...

Just a Fan

Mar 2, 2011
I am really disapointed, I decided to trip and visit for the 1st time the two outlets that we have here in PR. I was excited, I entered the store carrying my gunmetal sophia and at the first look I thought that my sophia was the prettiest bag in that store! All bags has the F in the creeds which are made only for factory stores (Except they had some madison sophia in brown). That's not bad but even the styles didn't impress me!!

The fobs where at $26 - 30% off... disapointed! (I have not bought any fobs yet since I find them very expensive for a piece of fashion that are not gold nor sterling silver jewelry)

I read here that other outlets has better deals!! There was this red crab fob like hidden below the cash register and I grabbed it and asked the SA why is that fob there? He didn't know what to tell, then I asked for more fob that may be "forgotten" back there and also if there was any bags hidden back there and he said not...

In a minute later came the manager and spoke secretly with the SA in my face!! Like if I didn't knew what she was telling the SA...the SA inmmediately took back the red crab fob and placed inside a cabinet hidding it to the customers!!

I believe they are hidding a lot of bags too!!

I was then at the other outlet and the selections were the same! except for three Kristin bags that were on a small table and everyone was grabbing and touching them, ewwwww I hate that!

I ended up buying an Ashley large leather satchel in bone for $153 just for the heck of it. The tag says the MFSRP is 498 but I think they are just playing with the customers since always those bags has some % off that price plus some other % from coupons, so that's not the true value. Anyway at my home and looking at the bag I realized I don't like bags made for factory, and that outlets may be good for presents.

I will return the bag to a FP store and take the credit and then wait for a new fall and spring bag. :P

I was at the outlet store in Old San Juan two weeks ago after my cruise. They had an entire table of the Kristin deletes, and two side walls that were mixed with FP (a lot of Sophias) and MFF bags and accessories at 20/40% off. They were handing out 20% off coupons that week at the door, and the staff was very friendly, although a bit overwhelmed. They only had one register open, and the line was fairly long.
I had a long flight and a full suitcase:P, so I only bought two accessories. But I bought a metallic coin purse and I scored a madison wristlet for $23, so I was happy.

I think it would be better to have a friend working there that would call me if there is a really good deal; because I find it very "costly" to buy there. The gasoline, the time, the huge traffic and the crowd inside the store searching and touching bags like if it were a flea market... bad experience to me. I am not going to have that experience again to save a few bucks on made for factory stuff or deletes that people returns at FP store.

In other hand I find it very good for tourist which i saw a lot on both stores, since they can get gift for the family. Almost all tourist I saw was purchasing small gifts and were thinking of buying something for themselves.

Wow, I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at the Coach outlet in San Juan. On my last vacation in December 2010 we went to this same outlet in San Juan and I had a similar experience but it got better when I returned 3 days later to pick up a bag they told me they were receiving. Long story short, we visited the outlet on a rainy day since we could not go to the beaches. The store was mobbed with tourists touching every bag and I really couldn't get anything decent that I liked. No fp deletes at all. At the time I wanted the teal dot sophia and the poppy tartan applique tote. Both of which I was told they had none but to check back on Thursday of the same week. I did make a call to the outlet before I made the second trip to san juan to see if they had the bags I wanted. I was told yes "we are putting bags out today" I got to the outlet and the Poppy Tartan App Tote was on the shelf with other Poppy bags but no sophia. I ended up purchasing the Poppy tote for a really good price since they were still giving out the 30% coupon so the bag was marked 50% plus another 30% off so I really scored. This made up for my miserable experience I had just 3 days prior trying to find a nice fp bag to purchase.

I have another trip planned for April next month spring break and visiting Puerto Rico. I learned from the previous experience so now I will call before I make the trip to San Juan to see if they have any fp deletes. I have found that this outlet is hit or miss. Sometimes I can really score and sometimes they only have MFF and I am not happy with anything they have. I also find that they must hide some bags upstairs because I kept seeing one of the guys coming down with more Poppy bags and putting them on the shelf restocking as people were buying them. When I would ask the guy if he had sophia upstairs in stock he smiled and hesitated like he knew they had them but he couldn't put them out yet. I got the feeling like they wanted to sell the bags that were out all MFF first then they were going to put out the newer bags. I did not like the feeling he left me with. I did prefer one girl who helped me, her name was chayanne. She was helpful and found me a Madison Wallet that was fp. I only paid 32.00 for it and it was still in Macys for 98.00 so this was another score.

How is the other outlet that is suppose to be like a tanger outlet? Its about 1 hour from San Juan on the expressway? I always wondered if it was worth the trip.

Lucydee: the other outlet is at the Puerto Rico Prime Outlets located in the municipality of Barceloneta. It takes like 30 or 40 min to get there, depends on the driving and traffic, and I usually drive like 10mph more than the limit :smile:
It's so nice that you made some scores there!

Side note: If you see a huge long traffic more more long than normal traffic in high traffic hours, that may be the lurkers of some accident, in my country they like to even stop their cars! in the middle of the expressway just to look at others ppls accidents.

Also in the Prime Outlets at Barceloneta I went to other few stores and saw nothing special! For example I went to Childrens Place just to find out that the prices were the same!

I remember that in Children's Place in Plaza las Amercias I bought some beautiful boys polos at $5!! and now they are at $7 hahaha, just another side note...

Also in the Prime Outlets at Barceloneta I went to other few stores and saw nothing special! For example I went to Childrens Place just to find out that the prices were the same!

I remember that in Children's Place in Plaza las Amercias I bought some beautiful boys polos at $5!! and now they are at $7 hahaha, just another side note...

Just a fan, thanks for the heads up on the traffic and the stores at the other outlet. Plaza is one of my favorite malls there in PR. I got some really nice stuff there too. I love PR and go at least once a year. Love the food, people and the shopping.
Thanks again :biggrin:

Just a fan, thanks for the heads up on the traffic and the stores at the other outlet. Plaza is one of my favorite malls there in PR. I got some really nice stuff there too. I love PR and go at least once a year. Love the food, people and the shopping.
Thanks again :biggrin:

You are welcome. I'm glad you love our food!! We have an excellent cuisine!:wlae:

i didn't think you could return an outlet bag to FP? i knew you could return FP to outlet though. hmm.

Hi,
Yes, you can return outlet bags and accessories to a FP store as long as tags are still on and you have the receipt. You won't get cash or credit back to your CC but a merchandise credit for the return.

Lynne :biggrin:

When i went in 08 it was around 2 and there wasnt many people in the store. Didnt find anything appealing but went next door to d&b outlet and got this killer shoulder sac for 100.00

If you see a huge long traffic more more long than normal traffic in high traffic hours, that may be the lurkers of some accident, in my country they like to even stop their cars! in the middle of the expressway just to look at others ppls accidents.

That must be so annoying. I hate it when people SLOW DOWN here..