~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

I must be crazy but I'm considering getting a small black boy. I would wear it crossbody. Does the chain make it super heavy? I'd only carry a phone, keys & LV cles

The chain is so much lighter than it looks! And the bag itself is lighter than the CFs as it’s not leather lined. So I think the weight is ok personally[emoji4]

The chain is so much lighter than it looks! And the bag itself is lighter than the CFs as it’s not leather lined. So I think the weight is ok personally[emoji4]

I must be crazy but I'm considering getting a small black boy. I would wear it crossbody. Does the chain make it super heavy? I'd only carry a phone, keys & LV cles

Totally agreed,i have old medium & small, totally love the small size (so black)
IMG_6337.jpg

Hi, im new to this fashion house. I want to buy chanel boy old medium to use it for everyday bag, but i have a lot to ask. Hope you guys can help me :smile:

1. I watch video on youtube and heard she said she have the “light gold hardware”. Do chanel have 2 types of gold hardware?

2. I saw on instagram the bottom of the bag will sag. How long will it takes until it sagged? (Everyday use)

3. If you guys have the old medium size, is it heavy and dig into your shoulder? I have a weak shoulder :sad:

4. Should i buy a classic flap or boy?

Thank you in advance. Sorry for the long questions :heart:

Off topic but how do you ladies get away with carrying so little? At the bare minimum I need to have: phone, keys, very small wallet, comb, mirror, lipstick and liner, tissues(!), allergy & headache pills & toothpicks just in case, breath spray or mints, sunglasses. In the evening I can leave out the sunglasses but I hate an overstuffed bag. TIA

Reactions: elly_fong
Hi, im new to this fashion house. I want to buy chanel boy old medium to use it for everyday bag, but i have a lot to ask. Hope you guys can help me :smile:

1. I watch video on youtube and heard she said she have the “light gold hardware”. Do chanel have 2 types of gold hardware?

2. I saw on instagram the bottom of the bag will sag. How long will it takes until it sagged? (Everyday use)

3. If you guys have the old medium size, is it heavy and dig into your shoulder? I have a weak shoulder :sad:

4. Should i buy a classic flap or boy?

Thank you in advance. Sorry for the long questions :heart:

Q2. Get the bag with calfskin with a more robust shape and less sag than lambskin.

Q3. I personally think the old medium size boy bag is not heavy with the chains and lighter than what I expect.

Q4. Why not both :nuts: FYI: boy bag carries more than class flap in my opinion for medium size.

Hope that helps!

Off topic but how do you ladies get away with carrying so little? At the bare minimum I need to have: phone, keys, very small wallet, comb, mirror, lipstick and liner, tissues(!), allergy & headache pills & toothpicks just in case, breath spray or mints, sunglasses. In the evening I can leave out the sunglasses but I hate an overstuffed bag. TIA
i m learning to carry less too! probably less is more :amuse:
what bag are you using?

normally i will just hold my phone in hand and put the sunglasses on my head.
Then the rest will be stuffed in the small luxury bag. :panic:

I’m want to buy a boy bag but I’m having trouble finding my ideal combination. Has anyone seen a boy bag like this? If so, please let me know, I would love to see pics of yours :smile:

- old or new medium size
- grained calfskin (aka caviar)
- chevron
- either silver or shiny ruthenium hardware
- beige or grey colour

i m learning to carry less too! probably less is more :amuse:
what bag are you using?

normally i will just hold my phone in hand and put the sunglasses on my head.
Then the rest will be stuffed in the small luxury bag. :panic:

Oh I’d definitely lose my phone if I did that. I used to put my sun glasses on my head but I stopped doing that when the optician told me that by doing that I was causing them to stretch out! I have the new medium which is bigger than the old medium or vice versa, whichever is bigger and it still isn’t big enough lol.

Can anyone tell are there boy bags made in france? Or usually they are made in italy? Thanks
I'm concerned about this too! And would appreciate a response. In a fit of Chanel bag hunger, I went ahead and purchased a Medium Black Smooth Calf Chevron Boy with shiny silver hardware from Ebay. The seller had 100 percent sound feedback and a track record of selling Chanel to happy customers. She was responsive to my questions and the price was near to retail. She's provided a copy of the Chanel receipt which appears to be genuine, well the reference numbers are. However, I am concerned because with the exception of one authentic boy bag seen online, this Boy Bag - reference 26192182 - is labelled as being made in France. Has anyone else got a made in france Boy with serial number starting 26? Obviously once the bag arrives I will be able to check it's authenticity. However, alarm bells are already ringing. According to the receipt provided it was purchased on Oct 13th and it was up and on sale by Oct 22nd. If the bag was unwanted surely the normal process would have been to return for an exchange or store credit. That said, maybe she simply wanted the money and was prepared to take a loss to get it by selling on Ebay. Would love to know your opinions. Fingers-crossed it is just a fantastic deal as I really like the bag...

Update on my previous post! I went to Chanel and low and behold they had the beautiful Boy bag that I have purchased from Ebay still in stock. I was so glad to see that this particular model was "Made in France" . I am greatly reassured by this and the lovely SA advised that bags are made in both France and Italy. Fingers-crossed that I have got my dream bag and not a replica Boy.

Hi Ladies!!

I finally got my Chanel boy in my dream combination - black medium chevron in smooth calf with ruthenium hardware..

One qn.. noticed there seem to be an irregularity with the leather texture at the bottom of the bag. Idk if I should be concern about it since the bottom will not be in contact with anything due to the design. But just wondering if this is normal since this is my first Chanel in smooth calf

Attachments

• 4B0335BE-19FA-411E-AFD6-C1562BACDB4C.jpeg
    4B0335BE-19FA-411E-AFD6-C1562BACDB4C.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,753