The Cassette Bag!

I love the padded casette and considering getting. This thread is a few years old...do people still think it is good/not dated?
I still wear mine as well. I switch between the padded cassette and loewe puzzle for my every day bags depending on what I’m carrying.

I’m sure some folks will say it’s dated but it really depends on you and if you love it and if it fits your lifestyle.

Is the only difference between the men and women’s non padded cassette the triangle buckle on the strap? I really like the look of the triangle buckle with the flat cassettes, but the women’s bag doesn’t have it so was considering getting the men’s one but don’t know if there’s some other difference I should be aware of

Is the only difference between the men and women’s non padded cassette the triangle buckle on the strap? I really like the look of the triangle buckle with the flat cassettes, but the women’s bag doesn’t have it so was considering getting the men’s one but don’t know if there’s some other difference I should be aware of
The men's Cassette with the triangle buckle has a different leather than the women's Cassette. The leather on the men's version is a paper calf, and I shared a photo of mine in post #411. Both versions are great, but the paper calf has a higher sheen, and some wrinkling to it. The leather feels wonderful!

The men's Cassette with the triangle buckle has a different leather than the women's Cassette. The leather on the men's version is a paper calf, and I shared a photo of mine in post #411. Both versions are great, but the paper calf has a higher sheen, and some wrinkling to it. The leather feels wonderful!
I think that’s just a totally different style right? This is the one I’m talking about, it looks just like the women’s one but has a triangle

I think that’s just a totally different style right? This is the one I’m talking about, it looks just like the women’s one but has a triangle

I actually just bought this one in the dark green, so lemme add my two cents. It's a harder leather. It's calfskin. I believe this is a newer style, because I was crushing very hard on the non-padded version of the cassette and this one popped up one day for me. The OG non-padded cassette is super soft. A friend of mine has that one and had to buy a bag insert to give it a little more structure. But the one I just bought is very structured and feels more durable IMO.

Reactions: Evergreen602
I actually just bought this one in the dark green, so lemme add my two cents. It's a harder leather. It's calfskin. I believe this is a newer style, because I was crushing very hard on the non-padded version of the cassette and this one popped up one day for me. The OG non-padded cassette is super soft. A friend of mine has that one and had to buy a bag insert to give it a little more structure. But the one I just bought is very structured and feels more durable IMO.
Thank you!! I actually like the leather is harder bc it will be more durable. Do you mind posting some pics?

Reactions: Evergreen602
Thank you!! I actually like the leather is harder bc it will be more durable. Do you mind posting some pics?
Of course! For the record, I am so obsessed with this bag right now. My husband and I keep taking turns wearing the bag. As for the green, I like that it’s very dark and under some lighting, it can look black.

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpeg
    IMG_2325.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2238.jpeg
    IMG_2238.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 93
Of course! For the record, I am so obsessed with this bag right now. My husband and I keep taking turns wearing the bag. As for the green, I like that it’s very dark and under some lighting, it can look black.
Thank you!! I think this is exactly what I’m looking for - the triangle and I’m thrilled that it’s calfskin v lambskin. Lambskin is beautiful but just so lacking in practicality. I want in black so now I just need to decide whether to hold out and see if they release this in black or just go for the dark green!

Reactions: mewmewdea