The Birkin Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneyao

Mar 14, 2019
Hello there! I am new to this forum but I have a question for you guys. I have a friend who told me about this service in NYC called 'The Birkin Express'. She told me that they will help you to source and purchase your dream bag DIRECTLY from a Hermes store in the States!

I have no idea how they can do it! I tried to google online/Instagram but couldn't find any information about it. My friend said she only got the contact information from them because it is 'Invitation Only'. I am wondering if anybody has heard or used this service?

Thank you.

I wouldn’t doubt that there are private ‘personal shoppers’ that are VIPs in various H stores...but just let your brain lead over your heart. If it’s too good to be true it probably is. It will more than likely cost a bit more of a Birkin because they have to make money (but sometimes people prefer this over H games). I would be very wary over paying anything significant before see and verifying the bag.

It’s an expensive purchase and it could be harder to dispute with your CC company if you didn’t buy it through an online store or get it professionally authenticated.

I would only proceed if using extreme caution.

Carrierae,

Absolutely! That's why I'm wondering if anybody here has heard about this service. It's very tempting to me since I heard that they do not take any consignment or resale any bag. They take your wishlist and source the bag for you directly. And my friend said that her friend even went into the store in person to pick up the bag with their 'ambassador' (i heard that's what they call their representatives)!

My friend and I just sent out an initial email to learn more it but so we'll see what happens! Thank you!

Last edited:
bagidoitic,

You're right. I just had a free consultation call with them earlier and they are actually very legit! You pay a premium on top of the final sales price of the specific bag you're looking for and honestly, it's not as expensive as buying a brand new bag from some resalers out there.

Mmmmm do you have Amex? Platinum and black cards concierge service also works with many resellers for this service, and you get money back guarantee if authenticity is ever in question. I have witnessed many successes for some pretty awesome finds, with a premium.

Reactions: bagidiotic
This is not to call into disrepute any of the genuine concierge services or personal shoppers.
How can you tell 'they are actually,perfectly legit' from a free consultation call?
The best fraudsters are the most plausible and they will be able to tell you exactly what you want to hear.
As Carriere advised - due diligence and then some more!
Further more, I hope OP didn't sign up here to advertise for this so-called "perfect legit" service.

Mmmmm do you have Amex? Platinum and black cards concierge service also works with many resellers for this service, and you get money back guarantee if authenticity is ever in question. I have witnessed many successes for some pretty awesome finds, with a premium.

OMG that's such a great idea! I do have a platinum card. Do you know if this applies to every transaction that you make or only the ones that AMEX works with? Cause I do know that they have this purchase protection program with the platinum cards.

Further more, I hope OP didn't sign up here to advertise for this so-called "perfect legit" service.
Hahaha. No, I had no communication with them until yesterday. My friend and I are just wondering if anybody here had any experience with them because we have never heard of this kind of service exists!!! Either way, we were told that we can only 'refer' two friends per year so we cannot give out their contact information anyway. Still, we would need to see if they can actually source the bag for us. We told them we are looking for a mini Kelly (20) in Matte Alligator, Noir.

Hi guys, since you guys are all here, I have a quick question regarding the hardware. I am looking for a mini Kelly in Alligator in Noir. My friend told me that when it's matte alligator, the hardware is always palladium. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.