The Benetton Birkin

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
I saw the much maligned copy yesterday at the Benetton flagship on Stockton Street. I know I'll get stoned for this, but I actually think the canvas/crinkled patent leather combo is kinda cute (sans the UCB logo across the front though).

Attachments

mooks

May 4, 2007
:yucky: Even if I wasn't a Birkin owner I would think that bag was ugly! So much going on with the fastenings, zip and that embossed logo.........bleurgh

Oct 12, 2006
:yucky: Even if I wasn't a Birkin owner I would think that bag was ugly! So much going on with the fastenings, zip and that embossed logo.........bleurgh
I agree. It's a train wreck in every way. Also, I'm not a fan of shiny crinkled plastic.

Kelly_Birkin

Bolduc Ribbon Girl
O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
USA
Yuck-o.
I'd like to remember Benetton for their
big and baggy Rugby shirts in the 80's - not
copying Hermes bags - and doing a bad job
at it, I might add. ;)

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
I saw the much maligned copy yesterday at the Benetton flagship on Stockton Street. I know I'll get stoned for this, but I actually think the canvas/crinkled patent leather combo is kinda cute (sans the UCB logo across the front though).
Well..It not a Birkin that's for sure...and it's combo just funny enough (patent with canvas and plastic) to be fun..I hope it's not expensive

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Well..It's not a Birkin that's for sure...and it's combo just funny enough (patent with canvas and plastic) to be fun..I hope it's not expensive