The bbag that got away: which bags did you almost buy but didn't?

A fabulous pewter hardware City that was for sale by a TPFer, and for some reason it got away from me. I didn’t answer th PM fast enough, and she went to someone else. :crybaby:
I have never been able to find one in that condition again.
I will admit I purchased CeeJay’s, but returned it because it just wasn’t in the condition to justify the price.

A fabulous pewter hardware City that was for sale by a TPFer, and for some reason it got away from me. I didn’t answer th PM fast enough, and she went to someone else. :crybaby:
I have never been able to find one in that condition again.
I will admit I purchased CeeJay’s, but returned it because it just wasn’t in the condition to justify the price.
What did you return?

There’s a CGH Weekender for sale right now that I want so badly I can taste it, but I don’t have the funds. I’m hoping it will still be available after I sell some of my other bags but it’s not likely (I sell online for a living but that’s not ‘spending’ money…it has to be something of my own to be spent on wants not needs).

There’s a CGH Weekender for sale right now that I want so badly I can taste it, but I don’t have the funds. I’m hoping it will still be available after I sell some of my other bags but it’s not likely (I sell online for a living but that’s not ‘spending’ money…it has to be something of my own to be spent on wants not needs).
Is the covered HW intact? That’s so tough to find.

I left beautiful Mid Afternoon in Camel in chevre for amazing price just to sleep over and it is gone, that is what I call a sad morning, woke up to “sold” …

it is also true that I do not have the funds for all chevre cuties I like at the moment, but this one was calling me since it was posted yesterday morning, no discount could be applied to it, and I was afraid of shipping and duties to Canada, all that would make it really significantly more expensive….but still :crybaby:

I left beautiful Mid Afternoon in Camel in chevre for amazing price just to sleep over and it is gone, that is what I call a sad morning, woke up to “sold” …

it is also true that I do not have the funds for all chevre cuties I like at the moment, but this one was calling me since it was posted yesterday morning, no discount could be applied to it, and I was afraid of shipping and duties to Canada, all that would make it really significantly more expensive….but still :crybaby:
The shipping isn't even that bad, it's the duties and "misc charges" that kill purchases for us. I'm lucky I'm close enough to the border to just drive over and pick up my items.

Also, I missed the chance to buy a gorgeous bordeaux box from a PFer. As soon as the price went down someone was faster, and my heart hurts how pretty and amazing condition it was. But, I was not fast enough because I do have a Bordeaux twiggy, a tad bigger than box, so all that ”do I, don’t I” NEED it? Who thinks they NEED another Bal ? That is pure love for smooshy leather and amazing designs which make your day happy

The shipping isn't even that bad, it's the duties and "misc charges" that kill purchases for us. I'm lucky I'm close enough to the border to just drive over and pick up my items.
Yes, that is it. I am in Winnipeg and theoretically could go 100 km south to US border as many do, but that would be like admitting to my family my “addiction” and just making those trips weekly LOL. Fashionphile uses expensive $60 US shipping UPS and THEN the game starts….UPS charges, duties……off it goes. I am trying to get those back now when I returned a few in last two years, it is so complicated to do all that paperwork and find the right documents for import. Even worse, when I order it to come to my work, which is easier than playing mouse and cat with UPS, then my university pays UPS duties, then I get strange emails from financial dept that there was something odd for me personally paid through university, and lo and behold…it says Balenciaga bag, value $1100…I just want to DIE

Yes, that is it. I am in Winnipeg and theoretically could go 100 km south to US border as many do, but that would be like admitting to my family my “addiction” and just making those trips weekly LOL. Fashionphile uses expensive $60 US shipping UPS and THEN the game starts….UPS charges, duties……off it goes. I am trying to get those back now when I returned a few in last two years, it is so complicated to do all that paperwork and find the right documents for import. Even worse, when I order it to come to my work, which is easier than playing mouse and cat with UPS, then my university pays UPS duties, then I get strange emails from financial dept that there was something odd for me personally paid through university, and lo and behold…it says Balenciaga bag, value $1100…I just want to DIE
Oh dear, that IS a problem.

I saw this white Weekender on FP a couple of years back that I couldn’t shake. I waited until the weekend to justify buying and of course it was sold. I haven’t seen another one since. I’m still not over it.

• Sad
Reactions: vesna
I saw this white Weekender on FP a couple of years back that I couldn’t shake. I waited until the weekend to justify buying and of course it was sold. I haven’t seen another one since. I’m still not over it.
but maybe, just MAYBE it is for the best. In your case…white WE ? I can imagine how pretty it was but you would start seeing every little detail on it soon, and the darkening of the handles, and little by little it would become a dirty old bag. I think the same about this camel, and that is probably why zi waited in the first place. It is so much better to have colors which age well. Bordeaux and grenat in my opinion have the best darkening which actually goes well with the distress of the color anyway ….and some others with dark base , ink, emerald….distress which gets better with use is my kind of distress LOL, I never ever reach for light colors (white Miu Miu) scared I will do something to them, so they age in their dust bags. WE is supposed to be a workhorse and travel bag. I am super happy with aging of my rouille. I sold my beloved bags , both YSL in the best ivory I have ever seen, ivory downtown (yummy leather and amazing combo with light gold hardware) and also YSL Rive Gauche, so elegant and beautiful, but the size was for a work bag. I never took them out, and sold them when they were still in demand and I am OK with it although I think of them often

• Love
Reactions: Norm.Core