the Angelina Jolie thread

^ Hmmmm yeah, that was a what were they thinking moment.... Well I think now I know who was the driving force behind those photos. Pitt seems to see the photoshoots as a way to artistically and personally communicate his feelings or maybe he's just trying to reach beyond the usual film promotional machine. But I think when the underlying motives are commercial there are serious limits as to what you can achieve.

In defense of the photographer for the GQ shoot... because I really think he's a talented photographer... you have to come up with visual to accompany an interview and the immediacy and rawness of the photographer's style fits the article however I think the editor wasn't judicious enough in winnowing down the photos. There were about 3 or 4 that were pretty good that captured the tone of the article and would have worked better than all the photos they had. I felt like GQ got a bit crazy, they knew they had something that was going to sell (or sell more than what they usually sell)... were 3 different covers really necessary?

I think admitting his issues was part of the making of peace with Angelina. She copped an awful lot of flack for being the one at fault here. Maybe she got to breaking point with his issues and felt like she had to do something dramatic to make him wake up to himself. I think maybe if they are working on it, part of the deal was "you own up to your part of the situation since you and your team slandered me using outlets like TMZ". I think that's fair.

It was all St Brad would never do that, Angie is a drug addict, she's toxic, she's just bullsh*tting to get custody of the kids etc in here on a lot of posts. Amazing how women are the quickest to cut each other down.

It's never black and white, I'm sure there were issues for both of them in the marriage - you just don't suddenly end up at the divorce laywers.

I think they were trying to emulate the edgy Fight Club era photo's of Brad (see below), but instead it looked like they spent too much time watching Zoolander for inspiration.

4a20f67898e5e32a4c5a35784e440ac0.jpg

young-brad-pitt-black-white-photoshoot-wallpaper-5400.jpg

b464acc9d241456ddbb9be4fc6ac6fbb.jpg
I know this isn't exactly what you meant but... I interpreted it more of as a personal thing. I don't see this interview being something a partner would see as part of reconciliation ahead of time. Can you imagine someone saying... well yeah, I'm going to do this interview and reveal a whole bunch of personal details but don't worry it'll be fine you can trust me because I've been so trustworthy in the past. In some way the interview is a risky move, it could have backfired in a multitude of ways and drawn more intense attention to the family... perhaps it will draw more attention I don't know. For me after I read it I thought wow this is a real family, this is their business I don't want to know more. I'll fully admit the whole way through I wanted to know how 'the story' was going to end, I forgot these were real people.

What's interesting about the interview (to me anyway) is that it seems like it was an attempt to dismantle some of the structures helped prop up his problems in the past. That the photos weren't that flattering is possibly part of the point. He could have so easily have admitted his part without being so vulnerable, saved face with Jolie and not experienced a dent to his reputation.... actually coming out of the scandal and going into the interview he had barely suffered in the public image department, he hardly needed to do much of anything... which is perhaps the thing (or one of the things) that needed destroying.

The memes for that dreadful GQ shoot had me laughing out loud!
Not going to lie, they're pretty damn funny.

Last edited:
I think Angie was 100 times worse to Brad versus how he treated her after she filed for divorce. Here is an article that summarizes what happened publicly about them from September to now: https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Brad-Pitt-Angelina-Jolie-Divorce-Details-42436493

There is barely a negative word that came out about Angie from Brad. She, on the on the other hand bent over backwards to say nasty, horrible things about him at every opportunity. There was no reason to do this except I think she is a horrible human being who revealed her dark side because she thought it would hurt Brad and help her get sole custody of their kids. I'm glad for him that people saw through her St Angelina façade.

Brad is no saint but I don't think he has the same level of darkness that Angie possesses. I hope their kids end up with shared custody between the parents, The kids have a much better chance at turning out balanced and normal with Brad as a balance against Angie's inner demons.

Reactions: Hobbsy
I feel like he did the GQ interview to get ahead of any more information coming out about his weed/alcohol habits. It's a win as he comes off as having taken responsibility. Neither he nor Angelina are delicate flowers, they've historically proven to be savvy with their images and press.

She has been wild/dark in the past, by her own admissions, but perhaps her health scares and plain old growing up made her less patient with a life partner that has to smoke weed or drink every single day, while trying to raise a huge family.

I don't like how this was handled by Angelina, yet I understand how she may have felt she had to be balls to the wall drastic when dealing with someone that drank as regularly as he admits to doing. I still wish it had been handled privately, no FBI investigation, Child Services, etc. but rarely do celebrities do things the way you'd expect regular people to behave.

There is barely a negative word that came out about Angie from Brad. She, on the on the other hand bent over backwards to say nasty, horrible things about him at every opportunity. There was no reason to do this except I think she is a horrible human being who revealed her dark side because she thought it would hurt Brad and help her get sole custody of their kids. I'm glad for him that people saw through her St Angelina façade.

Brad is no saint but I don't think he has the same level of darkness that Angie possesses. I hope their kids end up with shared custody between the parents, The kids have a much better chance at turning out balanced and normal with Brad as a balance against Angie's inner demons.

I agree with you. I'm surprised some are being so supportive of Angie. If she was tired of his drinking and using drugs she could have just divorced him. Instead she did her best to try to publicly portray Brad as a child abuser. That's unforgivable.

My point was there was a TOTAL lack of even the thought of Brad doing anything remotely wrong.

If you read his interview these issues have been ongoing. And affecting his children, the home environment, his marriage.

But hey let's give him a free pass because Angelina made a bad misstep in how she handled it.

What about his team and the way they wrote off her claims of Brad's issues by bringing up her past? HE allowed them to do it and denied any culpability on his part, so the claim he said nothing about Angelina doesn't hold water. He simply had other people do it for him.

I think he was drunk off his A$$ on that plane and while it may not have gotten as physical as claimed - a parental figure, boozed up, in your face and yelling at your mother is a terribly threatening situation for a kid to find themselves in.

If that was the straw that broke the camel's back after a long period of putting up with that kind of behaviour in front of the kids....people do dramatic stuff to protect their kids, even if she did mishandle it.

I've always loved Brad...but my love was solidified after so saw these pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,278
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,337
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 1,339
The truth is we can't even imagine what their lives are like. There is no way! Angie grew up around famous people, Brad didn't that I know of. Regardless, how could they have ever really known the machine that would become Brangelina??? So, they fall in love on a movie set. I don't think it was long at all before Angie adopted Z. Not long after that, she was pregnant with Shiloh. Brad had never been a parent. Angie had been a single parent to Mad but for a pretty short amount of time. I feel that once they got the old baby making and adopting thing happening, it took on a life all it's own. You can Say you want a baseball team of kids, but I don't care if you have nannies, if you are rich, lets add on that your careers pull you in different directions, and that one or I would say both of you also have outside interests as well. That is a $hit storm of busy!!!!! Little kids can maybe roll with that, maybe not. Every child is different and perhaps some of the kids didn't love being uprooted all the time. We probably won't know until they are adults and can say what their own perspective was.
I've said this before, Angie use to rave about the man Brad was and the father he was. I don't know how to explain away him saying he drank or did drugs everyday since college and that didn't seem to be a reason for her to end their relationship.That says to me it went on through out their entire relationship! What I still stand by is kids aren't little forever. Once they are tweens or teens, it's a whole new ballgame. It wouldn't be hard for me to see her saying, too much is staying the same with Brad- I don't want my kids raised by some one with a drug or drinking problem. On the other hand, I don't think Angie's a saint, not even close.
What I really hope they see now- which to me is just so freaking unbelievable!!!!! They weren't like a couple of 20 year olds that had no life experience!!!! I hope they see you better be real sure who you have kids with. Because you can break up every day and twice on Sunday and you are still going to be those kids parents. Neither one of them is on my favorite people list :smile: but what has been done is already done. Take the high road, know that you can find another partner and probably will. Those kids aren't going to find a new parent. Even if it is a step parent, you are still their mom or dad. So get your $hit together. Stop giving interviews about your family. Focus your time and energy on making sure your kids are ok. And if it kills you, you remember you had a choice, to fall in love, to fall out of love, to give up, to fight for your marriage, or to change undesirable behavior if nothing else for your kids. Just don't talk about it, put your kids first and hope you haven't damaged them too much already! I cringe when I see what is out there for any of us to read knowing that some day all of their kids will be able to read it too. Some of them probably already are!!! There are enough couples that have children and have ended their relationship and they appear to be anyway, putting their kids first. I hope that Brad and Angie will follow their lead from here on out. Less is more!
I read Brad's interview from GQ. The more he talks, the less I like him... He's 53 for crying out loud!!!! He sounds like he is 23!!!! Time to grow up, way past that time. You know how they say character is what you do when no one is watching. Well him having to put all of that out there, it just becomes somehow less genuine to me. Just go do what your learning in therapy. Just be a better dad if you feel you were lacking. Why say all of that stuff??? As a young adult child reading that, if that was my dad, I am pretty sure I would have rather he just showed me by deed and not by words- words that he said to everyone!!!! And a crappy photo shoot to boot!!!!
I remember years ago Brad saying in an interview how much it bothered him that roles that he wanted weren't the ones he got. He gave the example of Leo Dicaprio getting better roles. Then Brad said, I just had to realize that once I started being the man that I should be the roles would come to me. Instead of his usual thinking that the roles would make him the man he wanted to be. Who knows, he seems to have come from a good family. I think for all I thought Angie was a strange bird, at least she threw it out there. She just was who she was and that was that! I didn't have to like her and I don't. But at least she seemed to be honest and true to herself. Brad on the other hand, I think he has some demons, and they are down deep. You can only self medicate, run, or hide for so long. Then it's going to bite you in the butt!!!! I hope for all their sakes, he is able to deal with anything he needs to deal with, go thru the pain that he needs to go thru and comes out better on the other side.

Reactions: joyeaux
Yes it's a possible reason for weight loss.

It's also possible that he lost weight due to severe stress, depression, diabetes, cancer, HIV, an ulcer or any number of conditions that have weight loss as a side affect. Maybe he wanted to lose weight as he got off alcohol and didn't or couldn't stop when he got to a healthy weight? The possibilities are endless.,