the Angelina Jolie thread

Jo Ly said:
Whoa... white flag waving here...

I think what Angelina has done for 3rd World children is amazing and so commendable. Am I her biggest fan, nope, and I think it's fair that I'm entitled to my opinion as others are as well that may agree or disagree with me.
Exactly right! Isn't that what the "celebrity section" is all about? giving our opinions and such? We certainly do a good job with Britney, Jessica, Nicole, Paris etc. I don't think Jolie is exempt. Everyone gives her credit and applauds her philanthropy.

SuzyZ said:
Exactly right! Isn't that what the "celebrity section" is all about? giving our opinions and such? We certainly do a good job with Britney, Jessica, Nicole, Paris etc. I don't think Jolie is exempt. Everyone gives her credit and applauds her philanthropy.

Thanks SuzyZ - I'm not slamming her personal life, I'm acknowledging her positive contributions to humanity even though I'm not her biggest fan.

If there is a celebrity section here where celebrities are subject to our "scruitiny" or opinions, I would like to think we are all mature women (and Vlad too), that can speak their mind wihtout prejudice and can agree to disagree. I know I don't agree with everyone's opinions on here, but I do respect them.

Jo Ly said:
Thanks SuzyZ - I'm not slamming her personal life, I'm acknowledging her positive contributions to humanity even though I'm not her biggest fan.

If there is a celebrity section here where celebrities are subject to our "scruitiny" or opinions, I would like to think we are all mature women (and Vlad too), that can speak their mind wihtout prejudice and can agree to disagree. I know I don't agree with everyone's opinions on here, but I do respect them.

Do you think that my comments were geared towards you? I hope not:flowers: . I, personally, wrote my first comment without taking your initial comment into account. I had to go back to your first comment after reading your last one and then realized that you said that you were not a fan of Angelina. I care less to be honest as I do not directly profit from her success. I profit indirectly in the sense that she has helped so many people.

Also, I never indicated that respect for her personal and humanitarian actions should go hand in hand. I know nothing about Jolie's personal life as she knows not of my existence.

Once again, as rational human beings, we all are entitled to state our opinions (except for the poor inhabitants of countries such as Iran and the like). You stated yours and I stated mine. My main point in my initial comment is that we should give credit where credit is due, which you did. I believe Kim was stating the same thing. Anywho, I hope everyone is having a nice day:biggrin: .

Just wanted to chime in here that I also wasn't directing my comments towards anyone specifically....they're just general comments.

I agree everyone's entitled to their opinions and I respect that....

Just felt the need to vent about how crazy it is that some people believe everything they see on tv or read in a magazine.

No offence meant to anyone here at all!! ;)

I finally watched it last night. The bits that had Jolie in it were great. They repeated a bunch of parts of the interview...and really focused more on the refugee angle.
I think that she did was great...she agrees to do an interview that everyone will sit through 2 hours of....but the focus is on refugees and not her for the entire time! Great job Angie!
There was one time where she seemed to tear up a little when talking about a boy dying...it was really touching!
I commend her for her humanitarian work and bringing these atrocities into our everyday suburban somewhat "safe" lives and making us realize how good we really have it!

As for anything in her "personal/romantic" life....I could care less. I shamelessly read USWeekly for its entertainment value. I hope her kids have a great life and she raises them to be as humanitarian as she is.

Angelina is an amazing woman. I have a lot of respect for her because unlike most of Hollywood who bellyaches and says this is wrong change this listen to me Angelina gets her hands dirty, her heart broken and puts her money where her mouth is.
As far as her personal life goes, I dont see Brad there forever-he is a pretty-boy and right now this fatherhood thing is good publicity but when it comes down to it I believe he wants to remain Hollywood Everyone is so quick to blame Angelina for the breakup of Jen and Brad but no matter how exotically beautiful someone is, there is no way that marriage could have been broken up if it was solid in the first place.

I definitely do agree that no one can break up a marriage that is strong to begin with.

I want to clarify my original post where I said that Angelina said that she would never date a married man. I didn't read this in a tabloid, I read it in an interview - with a reporter asking her questions and she answered for herself. It's been so long that I don't remember what magazine it was but I believe it was during that period of time not long after Brad and Jennifer had separated and Brad and Angelina were not being seen together. I would think more highly of her if she had just chosen not to answer the question.

In my original post I said that I think highly of all that she is doing for the impoverished and forgotten parts of the world and that she is most likely a wonderful mother.

I can admire someone and still have a part of me that doesn't like another part of them. I am sure there is much more behind every story that we hear about in Hollywood - both good and bad. I don't take my own thoughts about celebrities seriously because I know I don't know any of them personally. Peggy

She's will supply the voice of Tigress in a DreamWorks Animation movie, 'Kung Fu Panda'. Tigress, is a martial-arts master who helps train the title character, Po the Panda, played by Jack Black. The movie will hit the theatres in May.....2008.....

============================================================================

Source: absolutely.net