The Amazing Race Season 20

novella

I Miss The 80s & 90s
Dec 4, 2007
The Season 19 finale aired tonight and there's already information about who's competing in Season 20:

Big Brother's Rachel and Brendon on Amazing Race

Big Brother winner Rachel Reilly and her fiancee Brendon Villegas are among the cast members on The Amazing Race 20, which started taping this weekend. This will be the third season of a CBS reality show the couple has been on in less than 18 months.

The source of this distressing news are a few photos taken at LAX Saturday night that were posted to Twitter. The people who are apparently Brendon and Rachel were photographed from behind on the concourse and from the side whole waiting at a gate (they're on the right, both wearing black baseball caps; Brendon has a teal shirt and black track pants, and Rachel is wearing all black).

That sighting is confirmed by both fans at LAX and by the moderator of the reliable TAR-stalking site Reality Fan Forum, which is working to identify teams and tracking the race in real time. (The site's moderator had a cameo this season because of a contestant's lost passport.)

This follows the casting of Jeff Schroeder and Jordan Lloyd on season 16 of the race, and Survivor winners and awesome people Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca for season 19.

If this is accurate, and all signs point to it being true, this does officially confirm that CBS and the producers of its reality shows are nearly bankrupt in terms of creative ideas and also so incurably insecure they think that bringing back former cast members will cause us to tune in—instead of, say, fixing broken formats or trying new things—which at least Survivor will do next season with its intriguing new twist.

Source

Hope season 20 is more interesting than 19 turned out to be. I don't mind/care about other reality stars being on The Amazing Race, I don't watch those shows so never know who they are anyway.

I'm hoping they at least bring back the element of contestants having to find their own flights, I miss the bickering and strategies used at the airports.

I'm hoping they at least bring back the element of contestants having to find their own flights, I miss the bickering and strategies used at the airports.

I totally agree that having the contestants find their own flights creates much more excitement and allows for more twists and turns. It seemed like there were numerous times this season where everyone had to end up on the same flight and so the only factor that separated them afterwards was whether they were sitting at the front or back of the plane and/or if they got a good cab driver. There needs to be more ability for teams to think ahead and develop an advantage other than through where they sit on the plane and the luck of the draw in picking a cab...

I totally agree that having the contestants find their own flights creates much more excitement and allows for more twists and turns. It seemed like there were numerous times this season where everyone had to end up on the same flight and so the only factor that separated them afterwards was whether they were sitting at the front or back of the plane and/or if they got a good cab driver. There needs to be more ability for teams to think ahead and develop an advantage other than through where they sit on the plane and the luck of the draw in picking a cab...

And the game used to be more like that.

They also really need to stop having a team that consists of two athletic males, that is just too much of an advantage and it becomes boring and predictable when they keep winning the challenges.

I'm thinking The Amazing Race doesn't have the budget it used to, they seem to go to a lot less countries per season now.

The Amazing Race Announces Season 20 Cast: Big Brother's Rachel & Brendon Are at It Again!

Like a nasty cold sore, Big Brother's Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas just keeping coming back.

The oft-reviled reality romancers are competing again on the small screen as teammates on The Amazing Race's 20th season, CBS announced today.
Rachel, last season's Big winner, first met—and hooked up with—fiancé Brendon as houseguests on the claustrophobic series' 12th installment. Their Big Brother showmance continued last summer alongside fellow vets Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder, who also competed on The Amazing Race (they were the sixth team eliminated on season 15).

Do Brenchel stand a chance against the other 10 Race teams, or are they battling a bunch of clowns?

Make that a couple of clowns—two self-proclaimed "ambassadors of laughter" are among the globe-trotters whose stops will include Paraguay, Azerbaijan and Tanzania. In all the racers will visit five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles.

Emmy-winning executive producer Bertram van Munster told us the route "is so off the wall and so crazy that it almost killed us. It's really very original—the whole ensemble, the cast and the route and the challenges are really unique, it's probably one of the best [seasons] we've ever done—and very competitive."

Because they all have the drive to win, van Munster revealed, we won't see season 20's sharing clues, and answers, that all but destroyed the competitive spirit in recent seasons. "These guys are not doing it [sharing information] this season," he assured us. "They get the drift. Sometimes it happens, but at the end of the day they have to all screw each other, if they want the million bucks."

Here are the 11 teams competing for that million-dollar prize:

• Brendon Villegas, 31; Westwood, Calif.; Ph.D. student; Rachel Reilly, 27; Westwood, Calif.; event hostess (engaged)
  • Dave Gregg, 44; New Port Richey, Fla.; "Ambassador of; Laughter"; Cherie Gregg, 44; New Port Richey, Fla.; "Ambassador of; Laughter" (married clowns)
  • Art Velez, 43; Temecula, Calif.; border patrol agent; J.J. Carrell, 42; Carlsbad, Calif.; border patrol agent (friends)
  • Nary Ebeid, 32; Los Angeles; federal agent; Jamie Graetz, 33; Los Angeles; federal agent (friends)
  • Vanessa Macias, 31; San Antonio; freelance writer; Ralph Kelley, 36; San Antonio; bar owner (dating divorcees)
  • Misa Tanaka, 27; San Diego; car buyer; Maiya Tanaka, 25; San Diego; professional golfer (sisters)
  • Dave Brown Jr., 33; Madison, Wis.; U.S. Army Officer; Rachel Brown, 30; Madison, Wis.; project manager (married)
  • William "Bopper" Minton, 41; Manchester, KY.; motorcycle mechanic; Mark Jackson, 45; Manchester, Ky.; former state inspector (best friends)
  • Joey "Fitness" Lasalla, 29; Whitestone, N.Y.; trainer/supplement; company owner; Danny Horal, 27; Holbrook, N.Y.; nightclub promoter (friends)
  • Elliot Weber, 28; Scottsdale, Ariz.; musician; Andrew Weber, 28; Menlo Park, Calif.; professional soccer player (twins)
  • Kerri Paul, 30; Gulfport, Miss.; program coordinator; Stacy Bowers, 30; Gulfport, Miss.; self-employed/"basketball" wife (cousins)
The Amazing Race's 20th season premieres Sunday, Feb. 19 at 8 p.m. on CBS. What do you think of this season's cast—and the controversial return of Rachel and Brendon?

Source

I didn't realize that another season was starting tonight. Rachel and Brendan are on?! I haven't seen them since their first season of Big Brother.

I'm hoping that what the producer said about them going back to roots, so to speak, is true. I want to see the racers driving themselves more, and I want to see the airport negotiations. In the recent seasons, everything has been pretty much spoonfed to them.

the Kentucky guys were SO entertaining.

the fitness trainer guys are so annoying.

when the host said "nobody in AR history has ever been that close to the end and not seen it" AKA you're morons!!!!

What happened to the teams not helping each other? Cuz it sure seems like there's quite a bit of that going on!

I started to feel sorry for Rachel when she started crying, then I remembered what a ***** she is and I stopped feeling sorry for her.

I stopped watching TAR when they decided to do the snooze-fest family version so I had no idea Brenchel were on it this season until I saw a commercial last night. I imagine she is as annoying as ever. I think I will see if I can find it online to catch what I missed.

I stopped watching TAR when they decided to do the snooze-fest family version so I had no idea Brenchel were on it this season until I saw a commercial last night. I imagine she is as annoying as ever. I think I will see if I can find it online to catch what I missed.

She's pretty much cried in every epsiode so far.