The 2017 TUILERIES Splendid Club

Can anyone give me an update how the Tuileries Besace has been holding up, ease of getting/finding things quickly, comfort, slippage off of shoulder, etc.?

Holding up beautifully. Enjoying it! The canvas is softer and has a "squishy" feel. Probably so it lays nice close to the body. I got a little something on the leather strap. Wiped it right off with Coach leather conditioner.
You can get into it very easily since the magnet is easy access. I hardly ever use the front zip pocket unless I carry my iPad mini. Then I put my 7S+ iPhone in the front zip pocket so there is room for the mini in the middle. I do have to make sure to push the magnets together before I go on my way. This bag molds to you. Love it. [emoji7]

Holding up beautifully. Enjoying it! The canvas is softer and has a "squishy" feel. Probably so it lays nice close to the body. I got a little something on the leather strap. Wiped it right off with Coach leather conditioner.
You can get into it very easily since the magnet is easy access. I hardly ever use the front zip pocket unless I carry my iPad mini. Then I put my 7S+ iPhone in the front zip pocket so there is room for the mini in the middle. I do have to make sure to push the magnets together before I go on my way. This bag molds to you. Love it. [emoji7]
Thank you so much! I am going to get this beauty! I love the way it looks!

Reactions: Purse FanGirl

Hello Gigi2012,
I'm contemplating getting the exact - beautiful- bag Tuileries Hobo that you have. Now that you've been using it for a while - is there any cons you noticed so far? I'm kind of comparing it shapewise with the good old Delightful, but believe this one is a lot narrower?

Would love to hear your thoughts [emoji173]️

I absolutely love it... nothing has changed about it. It is so roomy... looks like new! Maybe more narrow than delightful but will really hold a lot! Looks much nicer than delightful IMO! I would definitely purchase again!

I absolutely love it... nothing has changed about it. It is so roomy... looks like new! Maybe more narrow than delightful but will really hold a lot! Looks much nicer than delightful IMO! I would definitely purchase again!

Thank you so much! I agree, this bag is beautiful and more versatile than the Delightful - imo it easily transfers from elegant to casual.
So I'm very tempted now...

Dear Ladies,

Hi!

Yesterday, I went & bought MELIE in emprinte leather. But when I came home, I was continously finding the shoulder strap slipping from my shoulders the moment I folded its top to close the bag, irrespective of how much weight was in the bag. The reason could be because I have narrow shoulders. I could also not wear it cross body as well due to the weight of the bag landing at my pelvic (hip) region. My pelvic region is very sensitive as that is where my slip disc is and therefore it was causing me pain. Hence, I went and exchanged it today for TUILERIES HOBO. After getting Tuileries hobo I'm more comfortable both physically and psychologically. Physically as the weight of the bag lies on my upper thoracic not my pelvis and also that the shoulder strap is very broad. Psychologically, I feel that my bag is secure due to magnetic snap closure also my hand is in front of the magnetic snap. Thereby someone has to be extremely close to me to get into the bag. So far I can observe only two cons with Tuileries hobo (which maybe only related to me). First that the shoulder strap is a little stiff (Melie's shoulder strap was extremely soft) which I hope will soften with use and second that the front pocket of Tuileries hobo is a little cumbersome to get into.

Although Melie in emprinte leather was my "dream bag" but Tuileries hobo is "my kind of bag" (I hope I'm making sense!). I'm extremely happy with it!

Thank you all for your valuable advice!

White Rose

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Dear Ladies,

Hi!

Yesterday, I went & bought MELIE in emprinte leather. But when I came home, I was continously finding the shoulder strap slipping from my shoulders the moment I folded its top to close the bag, irrespective of how much weight was in the bag. The reason could be because I have narrow shoulders. I could also not wear it cross body as well due to the weight of the bag landing at my pelvic (hip) region. My pelvic region is very sensitive as that is where my slip disc is and therefore it was causing me pain. Hence, I went and exchanged it today for TUILERIES HOBO. After getting Tuileries hobo I'm more comfortable both physically and psychologically. Physically as the weight of the bag lies on my upper thoracic not my pelvis and also that the shoulder strap is very broad. Psychologically, I feel that my bag is secure due to magnetic snap closure also my hand is in front of the magnetic snap. Thereby someone has to be extremely close to me to get into the bag. So far I can observe only two cons with Tuileries hobo (which maybe only related to me). First that the shoulder strap is a little stiff (Melie's shoulder strap was extremely soft) which I hope will soften with use and second that the front pocket of Tuileries hobo is a little cumbersome to get into.

Although Melie in emprinte leather was my "dream bag" but Tuileries hobo is "my kind of bag" (I hope I'm making sense!). I'm extremely happy with it!

White Rose
Congrats on this beautiful bag! Did you get the black or brown one? I tried the black one on recently and I think it is one of the most gorgeous mono hobo ever made. However, it was too big on my petite frame (the smaller Besace version was too small for my stuff though). But I would call this my dream mono bag. Enjoy!

Congrats on this beautiful bag! Did you get the black or brown one? I tried the black one on recently and I think it is one of the most gorgeous mono hobo ever made. However, it was too big on my petite frame (the smaller Besace version was too small for my stuff though). But I would call this my dream mono bag. Enjoy!

Iamminda,
Hi!
I got the one with black leather trim making it more versatile.

Reactions: Iamminda
Dear Ladies,
Hi!
Tuileries hobo is a well made and "my kind of bag". So far there doesn't seem to be a major con but will let you know as and when I use it. So far I'm extremely happy with it!
White Rose

Last edited:
Tuileries Hobo owners,
Hi!
Does anyone know if the broad shoulder strap softens with use and how much time does it take to soften?
Thank you!

I had mine (TBesace) since the early days of when it was released and have carried it several times. The shorter thicker strap has not softened at all and it has remained stiff the entire time. However the longer wide Crossbody strap has softened a bit over time.

Reactions: White Rose
Returned my melie and got the Tuileries after thinking about it for a while and I'm loving it! Mod shots, I'm 5' 2-3" ish haha.

I found it very easy to tuck the handle inside or behind the bag for crossbody. I also added a charm on the zippers. It's comfortable as a crossbody or a shoulder bag. This is my biggest bag :o. I have the pm in mono, and twice in noir. Went from 12 ish bags to these and I'm happy!

Attachments

• IMG_8509.JPG
    IMG_8509.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • IMG_8510.JPG
    IMG_8510.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_8512.JPG
    IMG_8512.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG_8513.JPG
    IMG_8513.JPG