That was weird

Gabs007

Sofa King Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Hubby ripped his fave jeans on the weekend and I went online to look for the brand and the model, comes up with eBay, listed under women's jeans but hey, thought maybe a woman bought them, most jeans are fairly unisex, size was also OK, bought them, today a totally fake item arrives, the pictures were of the genuine item, hologram and everything, I do the return request with doesn't seem authentic, I get a message from the seller:

"Where on auction description you saw that them jeans are Orginals?? Do you really think I would sell you original Dolce & Gabbana for SIXTY Are you a retard?"

I was totally charmed, replied that if seller takes a moment to read the Terms of Service of eBay, she might see that it is not allowed to sell items that are not genuine, so assuming that she sells a real item seems to be not a stretch, there are also little issues like copyright violations and that she is using a brand name, and picturing a genuine item and then sending the fake out is rather dishonest, so I will inform eBay, thanks for verifying she knew about it and knowingly broke eBay rules and the law.
Contacted chat and asked them to check the message, said if somebody finds an item in a charity shop and thinks it is real, not an issue, but somebody knowingly selling fakes... Apparently they are taking action, well, at least they say so.

Seriously, people going "Well, I didn't say they are genuine/originals" is a bit of a joke because selling anything fake is actually illegal, especially if you picture a genuine item (possibly nicked the pictures from another site). I would worry about offending a seller by asking if an item is genuine, because it basically implies that I think he or she might be selling fakes, which is actually quite rude, apart from if they are dishonest enough to put a fake up, they usually wouldn't admit it.

You have some very interesting sellers you buy from. I'm pretty cautious when I buy something on eBay. I don't just look at the listing carefully I look at the seller and see how much feedback they have and what their other items are. Not saying that you don't, it just seems like you get a lot of really crappy sellers.

You have some very interesting sellers you buy from. I'm pretty cautious when I buy something on eBay. I don't just look at the listing carefully I look at the seller and see how much feedback they have and what their other items are. Not saying that you don't, it just seems like you get a lot of really crappy sellers.

I haven't bought for ages on eBay, only with lockdowns and Covid, it just seems to make more sense than venturing out, but I do think in a way it really brought out the more shady people. I usually just look for something and then what is ending soonest and then use a bid agent as I can't sit around forever. It actually never crossed my mind that somebody would do that for items that are not in the high price range, as it seems to be far too much of a risk, but then I also don't grasp why people want a fake.

In all honesty, when I put my stuff on ebay (as to the other sites where there is more verification) it was because I needed space and they were in the way, hence taking the lower price for a "get rid quick" but now it seems to have turned into a "sell a damaged or fake item", I am honestly not too fussy but fakes or considerable damages without being mentioned, not on, and somebody gloating that they sell knowingly fakes, i couldn't care less how many people are happy with fakes, I do not buy them

Last edited:
I do the return request with doesn't seem authentic, I get a message from the seller:

"Where on auction description you saw that them jeans are Orginals?? Do you really think I would sell you original Dolce & Gabbana for SIXTY Are you a retard?"

That is disgusting, what a horrible person the seller is. Sorry you’re having to deal with this.

Reactions: Gabs007