"That" runway show/piece that started it all...

cwxx

Feb 26, 2014
Hi all! Apologies in advance if there's already a similar thread, tried a simple search but only came up with designer specific threads...

So, after cleaning out my closet (at one point, the rods collapsed from too much clothes! oops) and paring it down to pieces I actually wear and will last many years (hopefully!), I suddenly remembered the first runway piece of clothing I saw that really piqued my interest in clothes.

Came rather late for me as I was indifferent in high school and I went to a good college in a not so good neighborhood so didn't really want to stand out clothing wise. Anyway, for me, "that" piece was this jacket from YSl Fall 2008:

Screenshot2014-10-03at91333PM_zpsfbc6c0cb.png

Actually like a lot of the stuff from that season - can view here: http://www.elle.com/runway/ready-to-wear/fall-2008-rtw/yves-saint-laurent/collection/#slide-15

Since then, I've had a thing for big but structured jackets :biggrin: including this one from BV Fall 2009 which my lovely sister gifted me:

unnamed_zps0adf9d2a.png

Anyway, would love to hear what sparked other people's interests!;)

I've just started this thread which is very similar to yours, so you'll find my replies there! I'd love to get a runway piece sooner or later, but sadly my finances don't allow me to. Right now I'm stalking Ebay to find designer clothes at a fraction of price, I'm rebuilding my wardrobe with less but better clothes.

oops somehow missed that! i'll have to think about runway dresses in particular...hmm maybe a Donna Karan even if i know they won't look good one me :P

I totally hear you about retail prices though - I'm sure my sister didn't buy the BV coat full retail either, that would be crazy! Sometimes things pop up on ebay, or if you're in NYC sample sales! And some smaller vintage/consignment websites - Oh! i just remembered, a while ago saw a fabulous bob mackie vintage sequin dress on pinkclouds.com :graucho: