Tessuta collection

I like the bags, I just don't like the price. Seems too much for a straw like bag........... :'(

LOL... Actually it's not straw like at all in person. It's really a very well made bag. I thought the same thing until I saw in person. I can wait to c the multi in person. It's gonna be a stunner.

But yes, the price is a turn off no matter how stunning it is. 😁

The wallets are amazing woven leather. Bag is too. None of those at my outlet. Alex is getting the multi. I think these will go with so many solid color bags. They would look great with florentine.

The wallets are amazing woven leather. Bag is too. None of those at my outlet. Alex is getting the multi. I think these will go with so many solid color bags. They would look great with florentine.

I ordered the multi zip around for the same reason. My thinking with the woven shopper in the multi, was with so many colors, the bag would go with many things in my closet over a few seasons.

But, I sent both of them back to Dooney this morning. Wish I would have taken photos, but my husband was in a hurry.

This is my feeling about the collection and believe me, I was a huge fan when I saw the first photos. For one thing, the leather is very thin. Probably, in order to get the weave of the leather to be tight in the corners, they needed it to be thinner. Some of the pieces of leather showed "flaws" in the leather and D&B used them anyway.

The biggest reason for the return, was due to the back side of the handbag. On the left the seam between the T-moro bottom and the woven leather went through the middle of one color leather and then, the seam went into the middle of another leather color on the next strip up. The seam was off by 1/2 of an inch. When you looked at the bag, it looked wonky. It looked like the woven part was leaning.

My husband noticed this right away. Probably, with a solid color, this issue would not be as visable. Since the zip around was $188.00 and the shopper was $498.00 and the total came to $686.00, I felt getting a bag that was sewn straight was not asking for too much. While I know I can be picky, I have sent only three items back over @10 years. One bag to QVC because it had pen marks on the leather and now the wallet and the shopper. After buying @ 2 dozen items from D&B, I don't think this is too many returns.

I ordered the multi zip around for the same reason. My thinking with the woven shopper in the multi, was with so many colors, the bag would go with many things in my closet over a few seasons.

But, I sent both of them back to Dooney this morning. Wish I would have taken photos, but my husband was in a hurry.

This is my feeling about the collection and believe me, I was a huge fan when I saw the first photos. For one thing, the leather is very thin. Probably, in order to get the weave of the leather to be tight in the corners, they needed it to be thinner. Some of the pieces of leather showed "flaws" in the leather and D&B used them anyway.

The biggest reason for the return, was due to the back side of the handbag. On the left the seam between the T-moro bottom and the woven leather went through the middle of one color leather and then, the seam went into the middle of another leather color on the next strip up. The seam was off by 1/2 of an inch. When you looked at the bag, it looked wonky. It looked like the woven part was leaning.

My husband noticed this right away. Probably, with a solid color, this issue would not be as visable. Since the zip around was $188.00 and the shopper was $498.00 and the total came to $686.00, I felt getting a bag that was sewn straight was not asking for too much. While I know I can be picky, I have sent only three items back over @10 years. One bag to QVC because it had pen marks on the leather and now the wallet and the shopper. After buying @ 2 dozen items from D&B, I don't think this is too many returns.

Was something wrong with the wallet? The coffee at Dillards was substantial. Hopefully I will get the ivy and red one by tomorrow.

Hello Rebeccaj,

While there wasn't anything wrong with the wallet, I had in my mind, the items were purchased as a set. Since the quality control seemed to have let this "wonky" bag pass, I didn't reorder the same bag since I didn't want to take the chance of getting another bad handbag.

My husband and I are going to visit an outlet in the next month or two, so I was hoping they would be available and I could inspect the bag in person. If I find one at the outlet, I will order a wallet at this time.

While nothing was wrong with the wallet, I do prefer my all leather wallets better than this zip around version. The inside is a red fabric and I wasn't 100% sold on how it would hold up looks wise (i.e. get dirty looking with coins ect.) and wear (if the fabric would hold up) wise.

Finally saw them IRL at Carson's
only 2 colors

unnamed_2_zpsa97895bb.jpg

unnamed_zpsd81b43c6.jpg

Oh yay!! That Navy looks pretty. I've never seen that color.

What did you think?

Pcan
Love wovens.........period..... that Navy is probably our ocean blue we love so much because the Lexington behind it is called Marine and I own that one of those and one in Navy.
Wanted this from the first time I saw it but will not pay that high price.
Will eventually probably get the chestnut one day cause I want to have one Chelsea and this one is special.