Terrorist attack on commuters in India

Roo

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
I am not sure if this was posted already, so if it was I apologize. There was a terrible terrorist attack today in Mumbai (Bombay) India. I know we have a lot of members from places all over the world. I just wanted to post this for members who may be in that area or have family/friends there, just to know I am thinking about you and will keep you in my thoughts today. This was a savage deed. :sad:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/07/11/mumbai.blasts/index.html

At least 145 killed in Indian train blasts
Prime minister says 'terrorists' behind attacks
Tuesday, July 11, 2006; Posted: 3:11 p.m. EDT (19:11 GMT)

Passengers flee suburban rail stations in panic after the series of explosions Tuesday in Mumbai.

MUMBAI, India (CNN) -- A series of seven explosions killed at least 145 people on crowded commuter trains and stations Tuesday evening in the Indian financial capital of Mumbai, police said.
Officials said 250 to 300 people were injured in the blasts in the city's western suburbs as commuters made their way home. All seven blasts came within an 11-minute span, between 6:24 and 6:35 p.m. (8:54 and 9:05 a.m. ET).

I was watching this on CNN at lunch... I really do hope they can rescue people and that everyone here's family, friends, and loved ones are ok

So terrible.:sad: My thoughts go out to everyone involved, whether it be directly, or distant friends or relatives.

The date (July 11th) was something i too thought about, but to be honest, this sounds more like an Islamic terrorist attack between two rival countries, rather than an attack on Westerners by Al Quaeda (Jihad - holy war)

It will be interesting to see who claims responsibility. India has strong ties with the USA's business infastructure so they would be a very viable target for Al Qaeda.

This is so very sad... I do not understand how anyone can think that it is just to kill innocent civillans... my heart and my prayers go out to those families.

One of the platforms was at the stop for the suburb (Matunga)my grandparents lived in and where my mother grew up. It is a small peaceful closeknit community of mostly transplanted south indians where I used to visit every summer when I was a kid and where I have my fondest memories....everyone knows everyone and children are treated like royalty, my cousins and I had such amazing adventures in that great happy festive neighborhood, we were welcome in any house at any time.and regaled with treats and kindness whereever we went, i love it there...i've travelled on the commuter trains there so many times....my heart is breaking.....so far we don't think anyone we know was hurt, but only time will tell.....