Temple St. Clair fans, let’s share our favorites!

I was recently able to try the two sizes of the Classic Moonstone ring. Both the larger and the smaller versions felt too big in scale for me, but both are beautiful, and were fun to try. Sharing pics here if of interest. I wasn't going to share my full hand pic, as don't like the way it looks! :P But will do so here among friends! :flowers: For reference, on my ring finger I wear size 5.5 and on my middle finger, size 7. Both these rings were size 6.5.

View attachment 5309135

View attachment 5309136

View attachment 5309137

View attachment 5309138
I wear 5.5 on my left ring finger and 6 on my right, so this is very helpful! I am glad to know that the smaller size is plenty big! And your hands look great! I wish I had young hands! Like @BigAkoya is considering, I think I need one TSC ring once I figure out my other pieces!

Any owl lovers out there?
I can't believe the owl ring just showed up on her website! The owl ring is from her special Golden Menagerie collection she had a few years ago. I've only seen it in photos. I've been through her website often, and I do not recall seeing this piece. Perhaps I missed it.

Here it is in case anyone is interested: 18K Athena Owl Ring – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

In case you were not aware, she has another book.. Golden Menagerie, Temple St. Clair book | ASSOULINE
The cover shows the owl ring. Scroll through and see other photos. I usually buy most jewelry and gem books to study them. However, I did not buy this book as some of the pieces are scary to me. The bat is frightening, and I feel the fox is going to bite me. :sad:

If anyone has this book, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

That owl is such an artistic piece! Very beautiful, but I don't think I could pull it off! I have seen the Golden Menagerie book online, but I wasn't sure I wanted to invest in it since it is mostly her high jewelry (which is more art than wearable pieces to me). I might change my mind if we hear it is wonderful, though! I think it's a book I'd enjoy looking through, but her Alchemy book is of more interest to me. I really enjoyed reading the content!

Any owl lovers out there?
I can't believe the owl ring just showed up on her website! The owl ring is from her special Golden Menagerie collection she had a few years ago. I've only seen it in photos. I've been through her website often, and I do not recall seeing this piece. Perhaps I missed it.

Here it is in case anyone is interested: 18K Athena Owl Ring – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

In case you were not aware, she has another book.. Golden Menagerie, Temple St. Clair book | ASSOULINE
The cover shows the owl ring. Scroll through and see other photos. I usually buy most jewelry and gem books to study them. However, I did not buy this book as some of the pieces are scary to me. The bat is frightening, and I feel the fox is going to bite me. :sad:

If anyone has this book, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I love the owl ring!! So amazing, and creative! @BigAkoya, I think you should get it so the rest of us can vicariously enjoy it! :smile: So funny regarding the book, I felt the same...some of the pieces are :amazed: scary! I've been tempted to buy it as well, but so pricey, and thought it might be the type of book I'd page through once, and then maybe not refer to again.

The bottom photo on this page can be clicked and shows about 10 of the jewels in that book.

There are some good YouTube videos of TSC, also. I've only watched a couple so far, but I enjoyed them. This one is a short introduction to her show of Golden Menagerie at the Louvre. I love that she's wearing the large vine pendant and I think she chose the perfect chain. @etoile de mer Do you think it's the classic oval? I think Arno is larger. She has on the Foglia earrings I want, too!

Last edited:
The bottom photo on this page can be clicked and shows about 10 of the jewels in that book.

There are some good YouTube videos of TSC, also. I've only watched a couple so far, but I enjoyed them. This one is a short introduction to her show of Golden Menagerie at the Louvre. I love that she's wearing the large vine pendant and I think she chose the perfect chain. @etoile de mer Do you think it's the classic oval? I think Arno is larger. She has on the Foglia earrings I want, too!

I loved that video so much, thanks for sharing! :flowers: I love that she's received such acclaim for her beautiful work. Will look for more of her videos on YouTube. I think she may be wearing the Arno with her Vine Amulet. Hard to be certain. You had me counting links, and trying to judge relative sizes! ;) I noticed the Foglia earrings, too! Loved seeing them worn, they have such great movement. Made me feel certain I do want them! :heart:

So... there two pieces I love love love from TSC. The first of course is Tolomeo. The second is the Sundial bangle as I love bold bangles/cuffs: 18K Sundial Bracelet – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

I know the bangle would look terrible in WG. I am certain of it as there is too much metal. However, I love this bangle in YG. If you read the description, it is also a true working sundial! How amazing is that? I love creative artistic pieces, and this is one of them. It is also part of the Celestial collection which Tolomeo is part of.

Staying with the Celestial theme...
For my third piece, I would get simple earrings, just little studs as I don't like to bling out my ears.
I love these earrings: 18K Sole Luna Earrings – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

For my fourth piece, I'm a ring gal and always need a ring. If I had purchased Tolomeo in WG, I have other colored gemstone rings in platinum I was going to wear with it. However, I do not have any rings YG. I only have a small Ceylon sapphire that was my first anniversary gift from hubby which I kept as a sentimental item.
For my TSC YG set, I was thinking of the Tolomeo ring to stay with the theme: 18K Diamond Tolomeo Ring – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

This ring also comes in the multi-color sapphire version, but I feel it would compete with the actual Tolomeo pendant and be too much on my arm (chunky bangle and colors on my finger). I also want the pendant to be the star. Here it is as FYI. 18K Tolomeo Ring – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

That would be my one YG set. I don't know though.
Last night after I told my husband I am going to dump the TSC WG idea, I start to visualize all the YG pieces on me as if I were wearing them. It's so much YG. :shocked: :sad: I need to try on YG pieces in real life.

In the meantime, I shall live vicariously through all of you and your gorgeous pieces!
Wow, just wow!!! I think I only predicted 1 of the 3 other pieces you would consider as a set with the Tolomeo, and that is the ring! Even there, I was thinking of the rainbow version, but I agree that this might be overkill/the diamond version might be more pleasing with the rainbow Tolomeo pendant. Really, all of your choices are delightful and I think they would go together perfectly. The earrings and ring are lovely, but that sundial bracelet, especially... :loveeyes: talk about show stopping! Indeed, amazing that it is a working sundial!

Next time you can try on YG pieces, please take pictures and feel free to share!;)

I loved that video so much, thanks for sharing! :flowers: I love that she's received such acclaim for her beautiful work. Will look for more of her videos on YouTube. I think she may be wearing the Arno with her Vine Amulet. Hard to be certain. You had me counting links, and trying to judge relative sizes! ;) I noticed the Foglia earrings, too! Loved seeing them worn, they have such great movement. Made me feel certain I do want them! :heart:
Me too, thank you @DS2006 !! :flowers: So much eye candy! And @etoile de mer, I had the exact same thought about the earrings..I loved the way they seemed to dance with the slightest movement
from Temple.

So interesting! I love that everyone can make her pieces absolutely their own by choosing chains and pendants to pair. I may be in the minority it seems, but I love the big, loopy chains (within reason) paired with the amulets. Just so TSC in my mind, and part of why I fell in love with her jewelry. I tend to read the chain an amulet as an integral pair, so in my mind the larger chains don't detract.
I don’t know if you’re in the minority, but you’re not alone - I love them, too! :hugs:

This is the 18" btw. Agree with @etoile de mer that it's a personal preference--i think trying it on in person will really help!
@iggybedora, this pairing looks wonderful, and you wear it beautifully!! Thank you for the pictures! :heart:

I LOVE TSC pieces!
I have looked at your pics ladies and they are all stunning.

I have wanted an amulet for quite some time. I have gotten to play with her pieces a lot, I just never pulled the trigger. She used to have sample sales a lot. I don't think they do them anymore. You could find killer pieces for a fraction of the price.
I would love to visit her studio in SoHo. Need to make that happen. Who wants to join me? haha.

I would love a custom made Amulet. I am drawn to her moonstones and I love bee motifs she does.
I have been watching a lot of videos.
Here is a great one from last spring.

@BigAkoya I would love to see you try some YG. I am waiting to see if you feel it suits you. I know you love the cool crispness of wg and you may fall for the warmth of YG with spring and summer coming up and you desiring some blue colored gems or stones .

One word on her chains, I see you all talking about. They are very pricey!! They are supposedly hand made and very hefty to hold the pieces as they can be weighty. I can't wait to go back and play with more pieces and maybe start a small collection!
I just made a few VCA and Cartier purchases this week and need to halt, but I am so drawn to a few of her things. I love the lightness her jewelry brings.

Another fab video! Grab a drink and have fun!

I LOVE TSC pieces!

I have wanted an amulet for quite some time. I have gotten to play with her pieces a lot, I just never pulled the trigger. She used to have sample sales a lot. I don't think they do them anymore. You could find killer pieces for a fraction of the price.
I would love to visit her studio in SoHo. Need to make that happen. Who wants to join me? haha.

I would love a custom made Amulet. I am drawn to her moonstones and I love bee motifs she does.

@BigAkoya I would love to see you try some YG. I am waiting to see if you feel it suits you. I know you love the cool crispness of wg and you may fall for the warmth of YG with spring and summer coming up and you desiring some blue colored gems or stones .

One word on her chains, I see you all talking about. They are very pricey!! They are supposedly hand made and very hefty to hold the pieces as they can be weighty. I can't wait to go back and play with more pieces and maybe start a small collection!
I just made a few VCA and Cartier purchases this week and need to halt, but I am so drawn to a few of her things. I love the lightness her jewelry brings.

Ah I so wish she would do sample sales again. I wasn't aware of the brand then. I didn't know you can visit her studio haha would love to go too!

I LOVE TSC pieces!

Hi @sjunky13, so glad you joined us! :flowers: If I lived closer to her studio, I'd definitely want to visit! I assume it's by appointment only? What would be your dream, custom Amulet? I love her bee pieces, too, and really all her flora and fauna inspired designs.

Her chains are pricey, but as you note, especially for the larger ones, they use heavier gauge, gold wire, and (I was told recently) the chains are now hand made in the US. So perhaps both play a part in the higher price.

I look forward to watching the videos you posted!! Many thanks for sharing!

Regarding building a collection, I have a very small one, but love so many of her pieces. I definitely want to add more! Looking forward to seeing which pieces find a home with you! :flowers:

I LOVE TSC pieces!

Glad you have joined us! I recently watched both of those videos and loved them! It's kind of fun getting to know the artist behind these pieces! Due to the VCA shortage of items, I fortunately turned my attention to TSC! Her work is so beautiful and there is a uniqueness to it. I was mainly getting VCA in white gold, but TSC's pieces just are so well suited to yellow gold. I love the richness of it and am happy to start a little collection of yg TSC! As to the chains, yes, very pricey. I posted some alternate chains a couple of pages back. But they may not be as thick as the TSC chains. Bloomingdale's and Saks seem to include TSC in gift card sales, so it is possible to buy them at a discount (and then use the gift cards for another piece!). I wouldn't pay full price and will watch for sales, because I'd really prefer her chains, if possible.