Team dior or team Chanel?

:sad:I guess I’ve just been unlucky in Montreal, LA and Naples.
They have a Dior in Naples? I went to the one in Rome. It wasn't exceptional service there as they were very busy. But my service in Monte Carlo and Cannes was outstanding! In Cannes, the SA encouraged me to try on all these watches that she knew I wouldn't buy, including a one-of-a-kind piece. I could tell that she really loved Dior, as much as I do!

They have a Dior in Naples? I went to the one in Rome. It wasn't exceptional service there as they were very busy. But my service in Monte Carlo and Cannes was outstanding! In Cannes, the SA encouraged me to try on all these watches that she knew I wouldn't buy, including a one-of-a-kind piece. I could tell that she really loved Dior, as much as I do!

Naples, Florida. (I probably should have specified that)

That sounds like an amazing experience in Cannes! It is always nice to meet an SA who is truly enthusiastic about the product/brand.

Lol, my preference has changed over the years. Sometimes I’m team lady dior and then team chanel classic bag.

I’d say I prefer chanel only because I don’t often use hand held bags except at night time. Dior quality is waaaay better but I feel I get more stares with my classic flaps. Chanel has focused on improving their “brand” and I feel Dior focuses more on quality.

Just need to figure how to add two more chanel classics (maybe one boy) to my collection :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe
I one Dior bag but definitely team Dior for me. I've only been into Chanel in Brisbane once and they looked at me like I was something from the pavement stuck to their shoe while they all continued with their little personal chat. I'm not forking out of thousands of my hard earned money to a store with attitude like that. Before I even bought one thing at Dior I had lovely SA who was happy to send me pics etc and let me mail order what I wanted.

After owning 2 vintage Diors I now have 2 discontinued Chanel. I would never buy a new or current Chanel, from all the threads on here their quality is crap. I find Chanel is more girly and lady like in style for when i need to dress up. Dior is more edgy and suits my boho or edgy feeling days. I'll always have a soft spot for Dior, John Galliano's couture shows will always be unforgettable and in my opinion the best ( & McQueen) Karl's shows were the same outfit (Chanel suit) just rehashed a million ways over and over again. Sorry they were lovely and pretty shows but "oh is that just another version of the Chanel suit coming down the runway".

For bags I would get maybe Chanel and that would be a mini crossbody classic from late 1980s to early 2000. No new bags on my wishlist but I am not really into bags so most likey I would not get either. :noworry: For RTW no doubt Dior:girlsigh:

Last edited:
I just started buying Dior and I love them! I see Chanel very often but rarely see Dior when I am out and about. I constantly get compliments on my oblique saddle bag. I feel that my Dior bags make me feel more polished...I think the Chanel bags are a little more timeless (and maybe a little more boring). I hope this helps.