Shoes Tarnished Studs

Aug 17, 2008
Hello everyone. I was lucky enough to catch the poudre pvc sandal restocked online in a size 36. I couldn't wait to get them so I paid for 3 day shipping instead of the standard.
I got my shipment and with much joy I unboxed these little gems only to be jolted by tarnished gold studs. Ugh, I was so dissapointed. Most of the studs on each of the pairs were defective.
The next few days I travelled about 1.5 hours to a Valentino boutique to have them exchanged for luckily another pair in a 36 and also grabbed a same pair for my girlfriend.
Well I looked over one pair and while the sales associate looked over the other pair (I peaked over at the ones she had and they looked good) so I paid and off on my merry way I went.
Once I home I looked over them more carefully and well these (although not as obvious) were also tarnished around the lower edges and my girlfriends pair had cracks in 2 of the studs on the same shoe and also a few tarnished studs!20170417_192214.jpeg

So here I go again, I will head up to the store again this Saturday to have them replace the studs as they have no other pair in 36 poudre.
I am so disillusioned in this brand with my 1st experience. I have Target and Payless shoes with gold accent metals that have not tarnished with wear and tear and these $300+ flip flops are bad out of the box.
My hopes were to buy some of the caged rockstud sandal with the chunky heel next month but if I am going to have to worry constantly about tarnishing studs... well I dont think it reflects the price tag. Of course we want longevity when we purchase designer, we expect quality no?

Have any of you had this issue?

Attachments

• 20170417_192128.jpeg
    20170417_192128.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 550
eek! That's more than disappointing! I would definitely expect perfection with Valentino's. It stinks that you were so excited to get them and to open them in that condition and then go to the store, bring different pairs back and still have issues. I hope someone else can chime in. I have 2 pairs of Rockstuds and need to look at them more closely now. Unfortunately, I'm not home for a week to look :sad:

eek! That's more than disappointing! I would definitely expect perfection with Valentino's. It stinks that you were so excited to get them and to open them in that condition and then go to the store, bring different pairs back and still have issues. I hope someone else can chime in. I have 2 pairs of Rockstuds and need to look at them more closely now. Unfortunately, I'm not home for a week to look :sad:
Thank you and yes I was soo dissapointed! Today I made the trip back up there only to be told they did not have enough studs in stock to replace all the defective ones, or 2 other pair in the nude and size 36 to exchange. I was told they have to order new studs and it takes a month to ship in from Italy. Then... once the studs are in, our sandals have to be sent off for repair. So a total of 6-8 weeks to get our brand new sandals back. I couldn't believe it.
I even planned to pick up the black pair while I was there and the ones they brought back were in worse condition than the 1st ones i got in the mail! 90% of the studs were tarnished. I was so perplexed as to why they would even have them for sale! It was a real shame.
The sales associate said that tarnishing was called "oxidation" and that it was normal amd happened to all the shoes. I WAS LIKE... "WHAT?!"
I left empty handed. I can only hope they come back perfect because my return window would have expired by the time the studs come in and I would not be able to get my money back if I ended up not wanting them after all. I dont believe I will ever buy Valentinos again.

The tarnishing/oxidation comment is true. Happens to all hardware. Its just to what extent it occurs based on time and storage conditions. Just needs a good polish.

But the cracked studs, that's bad. Someone didn't know how to put them on the shoe correctly. And someone else didn't check the quality of the items before packing/ shipping/ selling.

Reactions: baghagg
The tarnishing/oxidation comment is true. Happens to all hardware. Its just to what extent it occurs based on time and storage conditions. Just needs a good polish.

But the cracked studs, that's bad. Someone didn't know how to put them on the shoe correctly. And someone else didn't check the quality of the items before packing/ shipping/ selling.
Should I polish with a cleaner? Or just a clean cloth?
Thanks for chimming in!