Tano holiday/pre-spring 09 trade show report

tano expert

luv2shop!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Here's a bit of news for y'all.. I will post some pics tomorrow after I download and resize them.

Tano keeps pushing the envelope with new looks and materials. This is a tough economy and a tough delivery window (lots of retailers dont want to bring in new goods Oct-Dec) but Tano showed bags that were irresistible for the price. The looks were hot and the prices were great, IMO.

OCT highlights-

1. chamois leather group- soft, matte, pebbly, ridiculously squishy. In fudge, blue print (royal) and black.

2. dulce leather group- wrinkled veg tan with subtly shine. In mocha, ginger and black.

3. enzo leather group -slight grain, softer and not as shiny as lux, less expensive than Lux. In kiwi (olive green) celeste (navy blue) fire (bright orange) almond (dark beige) cement (light grey) beaujolais (purpl-y burgundy) cload (white) dark chocolate and black

NOV highlights-

1. tumbleweed leather group- washed buffalo, rugged, edgy stuff that looks super cool. In black, blue velvet, suplus green (forest) and brown sugar. Big zippers, studs, rough rock and roll looks. Expensive (approaching $300) but cool as hell. Not a soft, squishy, tame leather. Its rough and rugged and very extreme. Personally, Im all over it.

DEC-FEB: new LUX colors shipping in new styles and some cult classics (lagoon- blue green, almond-LOVE!, dove grey-LOVE!, cherry-LOVE!, baltic blue, bark brown-love!) Cult classics that are back: Boogie, shopper, petit larceny, french nanny, mona lethal, chicklit. RETIRED: sex bomb, minilisa. Some bags from Fall 2 were re-made for pre-Spring (electrorocker, the lingo, postcard from London...) And there were lots of new LUX styles, too.

OMG the sexbomb is being retired!?!? WOW! I'm amazed!

Lagoon sounds amazing... what color is almond exactly/approximately? lol

The tumbleweed leather sounds soooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!! I love love love rugged leather! I love soft buttery squishy leather too but rugged leather is sexy lol

Edit: forgot to say THANK YOU for this update!!!!! You are wonderful! I got a bit wrapped up in what I was reading ;) lol

Last edited:
OCT highlights-

1. chamois leather group- soft, matte, pebbly, ridiculously squishy. In fudge, blue print (royal) and black.

NOV highlights-

1. tumbleweed leather group- washed buffalo, rugged, edgy stuff that looks super cool. In black, blue velvet, suplus green (forest) and brown sugar. Big zippers, studs, rough rock and roll looks. Expensive (approaching $300) but cool as hell. Not a soft, squishy, tame leather. Its rough and rugged and very extreme. Personally, Im all over it.

My mouth is watering...... I can't wait to see!!!!!

TE, I am so drawn to the fact that Tano is still reinventing and staying on the edge even with the tougher market!

Chamois sounds delicious and I can see trying to get something for work in this leather!

Now.. you have totally got my attention with tumbleweed leather!! Surplus green and brown sugar sound fantastic!! I can't wait to see what bags will be made in this leather! And November can't come soon enough.

Thanks for a the sneak report and looking forward to the pictures!

Wonderful report!! I cannot wait to see the new styles...

I was shocked they are retiring the sexbomb...I guess if you want to continue to push the edge, you can't keep making all the old favorites indefinately!

Can't wait to see pictures!

I think it is funny as I was eyeing the blues in the last trade show photos...and amazingly...Oasis is a color I do NOT have pre-ordered...crazy! I know I will need something in Oasis...

:lolots: The EOT pics from the last trade show made me purr .... I hope to see another purrable pic!

I agree about the interest in the tumbleweed leather - and I love zippers and studs and hardware (oh my!) --and I get so excited about the new colors -- I really am looking forward to seeing the differences in the "new" LUX.
Sexbomb retiring??? I guess I'll keep my dandelion one after all!
Thanks for the great info!
K