Tanning help-self, spray, combination?

I am planning a July trip to Paris for the weekend and then will be on a boat on the Riviera for a week. I am rather excited-it feels like something out of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". I want to look my best, especially for the week on the boat, and am rather fair skinned. I don't want to look brown, just not pale. My usual method is to slap on some gradual self tanner a couple of times a week and spray an instant tan if I have an event. I also have a recommendation for someone local who does a good spray tan but am not sure the timing is good. I would need to get sprayed on Wednesday, fly on Thurs., arrive Paris in Fri., weekend in Paris and then Riviera Monday-Saturday. I'm guessing that my spray tan might be fading starting about Tues.
Do any of you have experience and recommendations? If I spray tan before I leave, can I extend the tan with self-tanner for about 10 days? Keep in mind that I will be sun bathing and swimming and possibly showering regularly. Should I try to get a spray tan in Paris? Worried I might turn out George Hamilton orange. Stick with self-tanner?