Talk to me about Frye boots

I own three pairs of Fryes. My first pair was a vintage black label campus boot in saddle color that after much research found out they were made between the 60's-70's. I purchased them off of ebay for $65.00 They are so comfy and get compliments every time they are worn.

I might be the only one, but I find the leather in Frye boots to be stiff and hard to break in.
Hello. new to the forum.

I just bought a pair of Frye Phillip Harness boots in grey (actually taupe) and I WOULD love them if I could get them on my foot. I usually wear an 8 and these are an 8.5. They are at shoe repair right now getting stretched in the instep and in the width. I hope it works because now I can't return them due to the stretching and now scratches on the boot and I don't want to sell them (I need a pair of boots right now).
I did read the old thread from 2011 about stretching Frye boots and the reviews seem to be mixed about doing that. Some say the leather is too thick and too stiff, others say they have succeeded. Any advice about what to do? The money is already spent and I would like to make it work out.

Hi, I was hoping someone might help me and let me know if they have successfully had a pair of frye campus stretched? They are fine around the calf (or will be once I can get them on!) I just can't get my foot into the boot !

I have old Fryes and new Melissa Button Boots. The old ones are MUCH better quality, it's insane. If you're gonna drop money on leather boots, go big and get them resoled each season.