Talk to me about Frye boots

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
I really wanted a pair of riding boots last year and never bought them. This year, I am definitely getting a pair. My BFF has a pair of Frye Veronica Slouch and can't say enough about them.

I really like the Frye Paige and Melissa Button styles but I am not going to lie, even though they are classic styles, I am a bit hesitant to buy Fryes because of the price tag.

Do you have a pair (which ones?) ? Are they worth the $300 + price?

I probably just need a push into buying them. I spend $250+ on a handbag...why not shoes? Right?

TIA!!

I really wanted a pair of riding boots last year and never bought them. This year, I am definitely getting a pair. My BFF has a pair of Frye Veronica Slouch and can't say enough about them.

I really like the Frye Paige and Melissa Button styles but I am not going to lie, even though they are classic styles, I am a bit hesitant to buy Fryes because of the price tag.

Do you have a pair (which ones?) ? Are they worth the $300 + price?

I probably just need a push into buying them. I spend $250+ on a handbag...why not shoes? Right?

TIA!!

EXACTLY ! And you'll be able to get so much wear out of them. I bought my friend a pair of Fryes for her birthday last year, and I was going to get the same pair myself but I stopped as my giant calves didn't make them super comfy.. oh how I've regretted this ! I'm definitely getting a pair this year, they look great with so many outfits, and they're very comfortable says my friend.

I just bought a pair about a month ago and love them so far. They are a bit tricky to get on but I've heard after a few wears they should become easier as they stretch out. They are super comfy and I haven't heard any complaints about the quality - they seem to be worth their price!

I have a pair of harness 10R and Tinas (14" shaft). I have large 14"-15" calves. Both are very comfortable!! They are a quality boot that will last and last, and not go out of style. Fryes are classic. I'm usually an 8.5 and that works fine for Frye flats/heels but occasionally for boots it's best to go a half size up. Getting your foot in the pull on boots can be hard at first, but once you wear the boots around the house and the leather warms up you can barely feel them. I walked around NYC for a whole weekend in my harness boots and was 100% fine and comfy.

I also got a pair of veronica slouches for my boyfriend's mom. She loves them! I got her TTS and she said they were a tiny bit tight but stretched out. I shopped around for a month or two until a low price popped up and then had Nordstrom match it. If you look at the right times, you don't need to pay more than $150-$175 for a new pair of Fryes. Just my two cents. A LOT of places sell Fryes, so the ability to price match is out there!

Good luck!

edit: your heel might slip a bit when you're walking, that's normal :smile: Perfect with a pair of thick wool socks in cold weather

Last edited:
I have 3 pair
my 12r Black harness, I have had the longest, I wear them all the time and I have had them for at least 6 years
I have a pair of tall brown seude riding boots, that make everything look awesome, they're my favorite
and carmen shorties that i stalked all over the country and am kinda underwhelmed with
and they're still cuter than most boots :smile:

buy a pair, u won't regret
my friends mom has a pair she's had since the 70's and you can't even tell
thats classic

I'm so glad somebody started a thread! I'm probably going to buy 3-4 pairs of Frye boots for my first year in college this fall. I know it's like summer and all but will there be decent selection right now? I hope stores will have lots of fall stock in already. Does Nordstroms have the best selection? ALSO I would rather not buy any at all than buy it in Canada where I live because I would have to pay at least $100 more per pair. What smaller stores carry Frye for price matching and stuff?

I have the Paige in brown and I love them!! Definitely worth the money, I've had them two years and they look brand new besides the sole.

Zappos has a good selection but they don't price match.

i've got the bonnie boots in black and i LOVE them, they've made it through mud, snow, etc before i got them scotchguarded. i get so many compliments from them, i really want a pair of brown boots now

I have a pair of Frye Carmen boots in curry (whiskey/saddle color) last year for about 300. This is the most I've ever spent on a pair of shoes, but it's definitely been worth it. I wear them A LOT. They are very well-made, have beautiful strong leather, and are versatile for all kinds of different outfits =)

I have several pairs of frye boots and I cannot say enough good things about them. Veronica slouch is super comfy, and I've worn them a lot since I got them, not to mention many compliments. I also have the engineer 8R (i think), sometimes I wear them as rain boots when it's not raining heavily out. I also have back zip riding boots, which I love love love! I've searched high and low for them and now they are actually on sale at bergdorf for a great price.

All in, I find frye boots easy to wear and great for it's value. I will def buy a couple more pairs in the future. :tup:

I have a couple of pairs - the tall Carmen Harness boot and a shorter pull-on boot that's embellished and has a higher heel. The Carmen is amazing! It's probably the most comfortable shoe I own. It also looks great with pretty much anything. I hate that I live in a tropical country and only get to wear them when I travel:smile:

The shorter boot is a bit stiff and needs more breaking in, though I also think I got a size too small. I bought this before the Carmen and when buying the Carmen I was advised that the boot should be a bit loose in the heel. Definitely more comfortable this way!

I've had more expensive boots but I feel my Fryes are much better buys and will definitely be my favorites for many years to come.

I have several pair, though I don't wear any boots from about May through Sept usually bec of the heat. I also only wear them with jeans usually, so at my new job they might not get a lot of wear... I think they're worth the price, they're well made and nice boots.