Reference Taking Care of your Prada - PROTECT, CLEAN, REPAIR, etc

So you're saying the color was always more of a beige? For some reason it photographs much better than it appears in person (definitely more dingy looking in person) but overall I am pleased with the condition given its 15 years old and will do my best to enjoy and take care of. Thanks so much!

Hoping someone might have advice for this bag even though not a Prada, as I couldn't find a similar thread for Valentino. I just came across a bag I forgot I had - an old Valentino lacca bow clutch in fuschia patent. The problem is the leather is cracking and breaking off on the bottom part of the bow (attaching photos). I originally thought maybe the leather could be cut or folded underneath the top/undamaged part of the bow but I took to a local shoe repair and he wouldn't even touch it. The back of bag looks decent - there are some parts where the leather appears dull which doesn't bother me that much although any advice on how/ what to use to try to recondition is welcome too. Interior of bag fine and forgot it even had a chain until I opened it only to discover one portion of the chain appears extremely discolored/ much darker than the rest. Appreciate all suggestions and truly hope you don't mind that I posted this on Prada forum even though not a Prada bag (although I do have many). Thank you!

20230710_235524.jpg

20230710_235804.jpg

20230710_235823.jpg

20230710_235816.jpg

20230710_235744.jpg

20230710_235719.jpg

20230710_235649.jpg

Will Prada repair my bag bought from Saks? I still have my receipt and authenticity card but I’ve heard horror stories and I’m worried Prada will deny my bag since it wasn’t bought directly from them.
Hello, very new to this forum but I thought I would reply with my own experience; Prada will repair anything as long as it is authentic, (not for free, though) this was said to me by an SA around two years ago, so it may be subject to change. However I have a more recent related experience, I bought a Miu Miu coat from Vestiaire Collective and quickly ripped the lining after only a few wears, I inquired (No Miu Miu boutique in my area, only Prada) and they told me they would be happy to repair it regardless of it being secondhand, and that it would likely be free as it was from a recent RTW collection with a withstanding warranty. When you do have to pay, their repair rates definitely don't beat anyone's local cobbler, but are comparable to a lot of the most reputable handbag "rehab" sites in my opinion, and I value the idea of the brand doing it themself. It has a been awhile so I hope you see this and that it may still be helpful to you or any other reader.

Hello, very new to this forum but I thought I would reply with my own experience; Prada will repair anything as long as it is authentic, (not for free, though) this was said to me by an SA around two years ago, so it may be subject to change. However I have a more recent related experience, I bought a Miu Miu coat from Vestiaire Collective and quickly ripped the lining after only a few wears, I inquired (No Miu Miu boutique in my area, only Prada) and they told me they would be happy to repair it regardless of it being secondhand, and that it would likely be free as it was from a recent RTW collection with a withstanding warranty. When you do have to pay, their repair rates definitely don't beat anyone's local cobbler, but are comparable to a lot of the most reputable handbag "rehab" sites in my opinion, and I value the idea of the brand doing it themself. It has a been awhile so I hope you see this and that it may still be helpful to you or any other reader.
I'd recommend reading some recent posts here about Prada's after the sale customer care and repairs. I can't recall any that were positive experiences. There may be some, but I've not seen them.

Anyone have advice for cleaning the canvas strap of the re-edition? Mine is white. I was thinking of bringing to the dry cleaner but wasn’t sure if Prada offered a cleaning service. Thanks!

Anyone have advice for cleaning the canvas strap of the re-edition? Mine is white. I was thinking of bringing to the dry cleaner but wasn’t sure if Prada offered a cleaning service. Thanks!
Prada takes the money and runs. Service after the sale is pretty much non-existent. I'd suggest you take some photos and then post them here so we can have a look. Prada nylon usually is pretty easy to clean with products in your own home. Depending on the bag, some members toss them into the washing machine.

Prada takes the money and runs. Service after the sale is pretty much non-existent. I'd suggest you take some photos and then post them here so we can have a look. Prada nylon usually is pretty easy to clean with products in your own home. Depending on the bag, some members toss them into the washing machine.
Thank you! See attached. It’s mostly just some light discoloration from the part near the neck. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5261.jpeg
    IMG_5261.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5260.jpeg
    IMG_5260.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! See attached. It’s mostly just some light discoloration from the part near the neck. Thanks for your help!
I'd just take a warm washcloth with some laundry detergent or dish soap and clean it up with that. I always have color safe bleach in the house as well. I make a paste of laundry detergent, color safe bleach and baking soda. Use a soft toothbrush dipped in warm water and scrub it. Wipe off the paste with a clean damp washcloth. You could just as easily remove the strap from the bag and clean it in warm soapy water in your sink. Just be careful of the metal and saffiano parts.

I love white bags, but I don't have a single one in my ridiculously large collection of bags because they do show dirt so easily and I hate having to baby an handbag!

I'd just take a warm washcloth with some laundry detergent or dish soap and clean it up with that. I always have color safe bleach in the house as well. I make a paste of laundry detergent, color safe bleach and baking soda. Use a soft toothbrush dipped in warm water and scrub it. Wipe off the paste with a clean damp washcloth. You could just as easily remove the strap from the bag and clean it in warm soapy water in your sink. Just be careful of the metal and saffiano parts.

I love white bags, but I don't have a single one in my ridiculously large collection of bags because they do show dirt so easily and I hate having to baby an handbag!
Thank you so much!!! This is so helpful.

Reactions: Prada Psycho
I'd recommend reading some recent posts here about Prada's after the sale customer care and repairs. I can't recall any that were positive experiences. There may be some, but I've not seen them.
Good to know, very glad I was lucky enough to get a good experience the first time they fixed my bag's lining. I'll have to keep other's testimonies in mind next time I think about using their in-house services. Unfortunately for the coat in question I couldn't find any local businesses that were confident to repair it & Prada offering it for free made it that much more enticing. I haven't gotten it back yet (only brought it in about three weeks ago) so please wish me some luck.😅

Reactions: CandyCanes
Good to know, very glad I was lucky enough to get a good experience the first time they fixed my bag's lining. I'll have to keep other's testimonies in mind next time I think about using their in-house services. Unfortunately for the coat in question I couldn't find any local businesses that were confident to repair it & Prada offering it for free made it that much more enticing. I haven't gotten it back yet (only brought it in about three weeks ago) so please wish me some luck.😅
I hope it works out well for you. I have had many repairs done in house at Prada and they have always done a great job and done so rather quickly. So the best of luck to you! Surely, your coat is in good hands. 🤗

Reactions: friendtofabric
Hi everyone, would anyone help me lessen the scratches and fingernail marks on this Prada bag. I bought it at a good price but wasn't prepared by the amount of scratches it has which is not evident and obvious from the photos.
1000015780.jpg1000015778.jpg1000015777.jpg

Hi everyone, would anyone help me lessen the scratches and fingernail marks on this Prada bag. I bought it at a good price but wasn't prepared by the amount of scratches it has which is not evident and obvious from the photos.
View attachment 5916237View attachment 5916238View attachment 5916239
I wouldn't touch it. I consider things like that as "war wounds" or scars. Shows it's been used and loved. It's never going to look new because it's not. Assuming it's authentic, it's easily 30 years old.