Switching SA after 10 months with No Offers...

My 2 cents worth of advice for @docfancypants is that you seem to be getting yourself in an utter tizzy over getting your HG bag.
"shall I shop here?" "should I change SA?" "shall I buy fine jewellery?".....
If Your heart is set on this particular bag why dont you look at getting a gently used one on the preloved market from someone like Anns Fabulous Finds for instance ?
I personally would NEVER go for a reseller selling a new bag..Its people like them that are stopping so many genuine Hermes clients getting offered the bag of their dreams by snapping up offers and flipping instantly for profit.
Look at this way... you want a specific bag..its a popular bag and you could spend tens of thousands of dollars buying 'stuff' in order to try and get an offer that for whatever reason may never come.
Look at recommended consignment stores buy a preloved bag in your dream spec..bearing in mind that if it has a few blemishes you can always send it to the Hermes spa (at a cost of course).
Once you have your Kelly you can then hopefully relax and enjoy buying things for the joy they bring and the fun of shopping not with any strategy in mind.

That’s amazing! Congrats! What store do you shop at???
@docfancypants This is where I feel you are not actually truly absorbing much of what is being said in this thread.....
I honestly dont think its a case of you going into the store that @lulilu or @jenaywins or whoever else shops at that has had multiple bag offers and suddenly an H fairy will appear and you will get offered your dream bag by spending X amount.
The posters I mention have longstanding (I assume) RELATIONSHIPS with their SA's.
If I go into X store and get offered 10 amazing quota bags it by no means means that the next lady to come in the store buying a pair of orans, a twilly and a scarf will ask and get the same offers.

I think that there has been a lot of good advice given here already. Ultimately the decision is your whether you want to continue your relationship or buy a from a reseller/pre-loved.

If my main goal is a grail bag and I don't want anything else, then I would go the reseller route personally. If you enjoy other H items and want to continue to shop the brand then I would continue with your current store and your current SA unless you really have strong feelings against your current SA.

What you are looking for is a very popular size right now and in a very classic color combination. They are out there and available in store, but being available in store doesn't always equate being available for you in particular to purchase. I always go in thinking that every bag already has someone else's name on it unless my SA says otherwise.

I wish you good luck in whatever path you take.

what do you mean by 'preloved' is that a euphemism for from a reseller?
that would be from someone who is depleting the market by their activities
Or just the actual definition of pre-loved. An individual who has owned the bag for years and is now looking to rehome it (sometimes not even at a profit). I don't see anything wrong with that.

ETA: Not a brand new bag. You can get pre-loved in excellent condition.

Eesh, 2 years?! Do you like your SA and feel he/she is going to help you?
And ya, I’ve been specific about my specs. I’ve thought about loosening it, but I really really really want my holy grail , which I know is incredibly hard to get- k25 black and gold, but I’m flexible w leather and whether sellier or retourne ‍♀‍♀

If you've hit the 1:1 spend, the offer should come quickly. Last summer a friend wanted a K25 Epsom GHW and got the offer right before Halloween after 3 months...

Reactions: iamberrytastic
My 2 cents worth of advice for @docfancypants is that you seem to be getting yourself in an utter tizzy over getting your HG bag.
"shall I shop here?" "should I change SA?" "shall I buy fine jewellery?".....
If Your heart is set on this particular bag why dont you look at getting a gently used one on the preloved market from someone like Anns Fabulous Finds for instance ?
I personally would NEVER go for a reseller selling a new bag..Its people like them that are stopping so many genuine Hermes clients getting offered the bag of their dreams by snapping up offers and flipping instantly for profit.
Look at this way... you want a specific bag..its a popular bag and you could spend tens of thousands of dollars buying 'stuff' in order to try and get an offer that for whatever reason may never come.
Look at recommended consignment stores buy a preloved bag in your dream spec..bearing in mind that if it has a few blemishes you can always send it to the Hermes spa (at a cost of course).
Once you have your Kelly you can then hopefully relax and enjoy buying things for the joy they bring and the fun of shopping not with any strategy in mind.
You are completely rt! I’m in a total tizzy!!! I need to relax lol.

@docfancypants This is where I feel you are not actually truly absorbing much of what is being said in this thread.....
I honestly dont think its a case of you going into the store that @lulilu or @jenaywins or whoever else shops at that has had multiple bag offers and suddenly an H fairy will appear and you will get offered your dream bag by spending X amount.
The posters I mention have longstanding (I assume) RELATIONSHIPS with their SA's.
If I go into X store and get offered 10 amazing quota bags it by no means means that the next lady to come in the store buying a pair of orans, a twilly and a scarf will ask and get the same offers.
No, I get it, I’m just curious as to what store. It’s always interesting to hear what bags ppl got and from where.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I think that there has been a lot of good advice given here already. Ultimately the decision is your whether you want to continue your relationship or buy a from a reseller/pre-loved.

If my main goal is a grail bag and I don't want anything else, then I would go the reseller route personally. If you enjoy other H items and want to continue to shop the brand then I would continue with your current store and your current SA unless you really have strong feelings against your current SA.

What you are looking for is a very popular size right now and in a very classic color combination. They are out there and available in store, but being available in store doesn't always equate being available for you in particular to purchase. I always go in thinking that every bag already has someone else's name on it unless my SA says otherwise.

I wish you good luck in whatever path you take.
Thank you for your kind words! It’s funny how intense these threads can get. I’m all about kindness and humor, no need for hostility right?! Lol

Reactions: saban
Very interesting thread!

IMO if you're after a very specific and highly requested bag, it would be gambling to drop $10k at Vegas and hope they have one available to sell.

As others have suggested, it may be "safer" to pay a high premium buying your holy grail brand new from a reputable reseller. You get the exact bag you want, most likely sooner and most likely cheaper (assuming you're purchasing fine jewelry and RTW mainly to get your dream bag).

Having watched purseonfleek's video, I'd be very reticent to press my SA too much after spending alot over a long period of time. Feels like that conversation can end badly and it can be difficult to read how it comes across...

Just my two cents, please let us know what you decide either way & best of luck x

Hi everyone, I’m thinking of switching SAs. I’ve had the same SA for 10 months and have not gotten any bag offers.
Do you guys think I should switch? If so, should I switch at the same store or go to a different store altogether.
I’m in Orange County, so I can go to Beverly Hills or San Diego relatively easily. Any tips or thoughts would help! Thanks!
10 months is a long time of not getting any bag offers---especially if you've bought a lot of stuff from your SA and you've shelled out a lot of money. Did you clearly state what you like? I will move on to a different boutique if I was in your spot.

Reactions: docfancypants
I shop at a small store in preference to larger stores. I spend quite a lot and am a long time customer. I still only get about 1 offer a year. Every store is different. But they look after me and I request quite specific pieces. I am not at that initial collection building stage, and don’t really buy more than 1-2 bags a year anyway, sometimes none for 2 years. I buy what I like and enjoy the personal shopping experience, even when just buying small things. If I were you I would buy preloved as you want a freely available specification, then enjoy building a relationship with your local store.
For stores not catering to tourists, the SA smell desperation a mile off and only cave if you’re willing to spend a lot in a very short space if time, as they know these customers just want the b/k/c and are not interested in becoming a long term client. They can also tell ‘profile building’ clients from genuine long term clients who enjoy the brand. To become the later takes years especially at a smaller store.

I think 10 months is reasonable. It really depends on how competitive your store is. My store is highly competitive, 1:1 is the bare minimum, usually offers are not being made till 3:1. I finally got my quota bag after 4:1 spend. That is after 1 year and 7 months wait. I am not sure if thats pandemic or just how it will be going forward.