Surprise sale/oulet items?

I found a purse I really like on the surprise sale. I have surmised that the purse is an outlet piece (starts with wkru). Now I'm not opposed to outlet items, but I also do not want to overpay for poorer quality purses that would be the same price regardless of a sale or not. Thoughts?

Here's the purse http://surprise.katespade.com/098687284615.html
I happened to be at the outlet yesterday and saw that purse. The whole store was 50-70% off plus an extra discount on top. So the price is probably about the same as what it would have been at the outlet (ticket price minus discount). So you're not overpaying per se but it's not some sort of amazing deal.

I happened to be at the outlet yesterday and saw that purse. The whole store was 50-70% off plus an extra discount on top. So the price is probably about the same as what it would have been at the outlet (ticket price minus discount). So you're not overpaying per se but it's not some sort of amazing deal.

Thank you! I figured as much. I'm not super against paying for an outlet item as I live quite far away from the outlets. My biggest concern is quality as I'd rather have something well out together or nothing at all.

The owl design is cute. I think the cross hatched leather will hold up like crosshatched leather does. And it looks like the same great lining that KS has been using for years. So the quality seems to be there.

If you love the owl design and the functionality of the bag then I think it’s a good price!

An outlet finally opened in my city, and I will be able to make it there the first weekend in December! Does anyone know if there are any barrel bag/satchels there (similar to the Lane in shape)?

The owl design is cute. I think the cross hatched leather will hold up like crosshatched leather does. And it looks like the same great lining that KS has been using for years. So the quality seems to be there.

If you love the owl design and the functionality of the bag then I think it’s a good price!
I do love the owl design! Just a little paranoid as I have had a bad experience with a designer brand.

I do love the owl design! Just a little paranoid as I have had a bad experience with a designer brand.

KS outlet can do some very nice pieces. They might be missing a few bells and whistles compared to their boutique line or have less finesse in design. For example, a boutique design might have leather detailing the inner pockets or instead of the painted eyes might have used more layered cutouts of leather or had more detail elsewhere.

Some KS outlet items use odd materials. However, this is saffiano leather and saffiano leather is pretty much the same across the brand as far as i've seen.

The feathering might come laying oddly but that can be gently shaped by you.

I've loved my KS outlet pieces I've gotten. If the design looked good from online photos, it looked good when it arrived.

I think its a fun piece. Kate Spade has done a lot of owl pieces over the years. You might run an internet search to see if this is your favorite design.

Last edited:
Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
KS outlet can do some very nice pieces. They might be missing a few bells and whistles compared to their boutique line or have less finesse in design. For example, a boutique design might have leather detailing the inner pockets or instead of the painted eyes might have used more layered cutouts of leather or had more detail elsewhere.

Some KS outlet items use odd materials. However, this is saffiano leather and saffiano leather is pretty much the same across the brand as far as i've seen.

The feathering might come laying oddly but that can be gently shaped by you.

I've loved my KS outlet pieces I've gotten. If the design looked good from online photos, it looked good when it arrived.

I think its a fun piece. Kate Spade has done a lot of owl pieces over the years. You might run an internet search to see if this is your favorite design.
I like it! I did like the original owl design, but I cannot justify spending close to 400 on a purse.