Surgery experience at Wannabe clinic

dai123

Aug 13, 2020
I had my first ever nose surgery and revisional double eye eyelid surgery end of July at Wannabe. Just wanted to share my experience - I previously did non-incisional eyelid surgery like 6 years ago but one side came loose and the other side was also in the verge of so my eyes were uneven. As for nose, I never did surgery before and was quite nervous about it and definitely knew I didn’t want an implant and wanted just a natural change given it was a bit stumpy and short..

During consultation Alice was great, she can speak both Korean and English really well. We went over my wants and then I met the doctor who recommended I get incisional eyelid surgery and ptosis correction since my muscles were a bit weak. I wanted my eyes to look bright and my current line I think was too big so he was really great at recommending a natural line. As for nose, he said I wouldn’t need osteomy and that no implant would be possible which was great, because other clinics seemed to say no implant/ no osteomy would not work well. But I think he understood my natural looking alteration. You get a CT scan prior to consultation and then I talked to the doctor for about 15-20minutes (with Alice more prior).

Overall it’s a small place where he is the main doctor which I appreciated given other places you feel like just another numbered patient and they don’t tailor to you as well. Also afraid of shadow doctoring... also I liked that he would be doing both procedures. I got 3 laser deserving treatments after and a facial massage and my swelling went down pretty fast.

It was quite a long surgery, I would prepare around 4 hours. Ptosis correction takes particularly awhile and you feel the tugging but I appreciated that he kept asking me to open my eyes so many times, to check that it was shaped well. He seemed quite meticulous.

I would like to see the doctor one more time before leaving Korea to check on everything and have peace of mind...hope that happens as usually you only see the nurses after surgery for stitch removal etc. doctor saw me for like 5 minutes 1 week after surgery. That would probably be my only improvement recommendation - especially for those who have to leave the country, another check up by the doctor at 2 weeks would be good (for Koreans, since they are living here, probably ok since they can come right away should any problems come up).

Got stitches removed 1 week and 2 weeks after surgery; wasn’t too painful. Attached pic of my nose change.

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7840.JPG

Your result looks great for only two weeks post op! Thanks for sharing your review! I also had mine done without implants at Wannabe and so far I'm very happy. Seems like the swelling keeps going down for months so I don't think I have my final result yet. Good luck on your recovery!

Nice work! How much did you pay for it? Aldo, considering the 2 week self-isolation upon arrival, what was your total spending? are you still in Seoul? I've heard from a friend, the situation with corona gets worse there...

Nice work! How much did you pay for it? Aldo, considering the 2 week self-isolation upon arrival, what was your total spending? are you still in Seoul? I've heard from a friend, the situation with corona gets worse there...

Second this! Would be great to know your cost breakdown (rhino esp!) and quarantine. Wannabe is high on my list for primary rhino and I'm still trying to evaluate whether the 2 week quarantine is worth the trip...

I’m planning on going to wannabe for primary rhinoplasty and DES revision too! Would anyone be interested in starting a Kakao wannabe group chat or if anyone is already in one, please let me know so I can join!