Surgeries with Dr.Shim at V.LIF in Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea

Let me know once you are here and let’s meet up , I’m here in Seoul recovering from my face lift surgery which was last week

are you still here ??? let me know
Hello I’m in Seoul .. had consul with dr today .. yes let’s meet up .. where are u resting ..

I
Let me know if you are here , I’m here now in Gangnam recovering of my facelift surgery which was last week with Dr.Shim
m staying in Gangnam ..

People need to be careful when looking at Facelift After Pictures. Many clinics show the pictures from 4 weeks which is kind of deceiving because many collapse around the 3-6 month mark.
There is an ongoing trend of under corrected facelifts in Europe now due to the overdone look that was ridiculed so heavily in the media for years.
However, the under correction many doctors perform now is equally as problematic because it leads to women seeking revision after revision (and filling the pockets of …)

Be aware that this is happening and make sure to find a doctor who gives more extreme but graceful results and be careful when clinics promote „the natural look“ as it often does under deliver for what you pay -and lasts a lot less than a more aggressive approach.
Many women also feel ashamed to speak out when they are disappointed. Don’t be one of them, so doctors will learn to live up to today‘s standards.
Look at women like Cindy Jackson who is 67 now.
This should be the basic standard for ALL doctors - because many don’t even seem to know what is possible (and expected) these days. They under deliver due to lack of education or passion for their craft.
It’s seriously sad… because every woman deserves to be and feel beautiful forever- and it IS possible.
But not if you choose treatments from people who have low expectations in themselves.

Hi Donut Diva,
How are you and your mother healing? We would love to see your progress after all these months? Please consider posting updated pictures :smile: Thanks
Hi, I've been so busy with life in general, here's a quick picture update on our recovery progress.

We are at Month 7 and both feel amazing and very happy with our results! There's still a few numb spots around the incision areas, but for the most part a lot of the facial feeling is back.

Attachments

• 20231028_204313-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    20231028_204313-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20231028_204025-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    20231028_204025-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231023_094603-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    20231023_094603-COLLAGE~2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 76
  • 20231023_095327-COLLAGE.jpg
    20231023_095327-COLLAGE.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 79
People need to be careful when looking at Facelift After Pictures. Many clinics show the pictures from 4 weeks which is kind of deceiving because many collapse around the 3-6 month mark.
There is an ongoing trend of under corrected facelifts in Europe now due to the overdone look that was ridiculed so heavily in the media for years.
However, the under correction many doctors perform now is equally as problematic because it leads to women seeking revision after revision (and filling the pockets of …)

Be aware that this is happening and make sure to find a doctor who gives more extreme but graceful results and be careful when clinics promote „the natural look“ as it often does under deliver for what you pay -and lasts a lot less than a more aggressive approach.
Many women also feel ashamed to speak out when they are disappointed. Don’t be one of them, so doctors will learn to live up to today‘s standards.
This should be the basic standard for ALL doctors - because many don’t even seem to know what is possible (and expected) these days. They under deliver due to lack of education or passion for their craft.
It’s seriously sad… because every woman deserves to be and feel beautiful forever- and it IS possible.
But not if you choose treatments from people who have low expectations in themselves.

Both my mom and I's faces have not "collapsed". We are at Month 7. We like the "natural" results because we still look like ourselves, just a completely better & younger version of ourselves... and most comments we get is that we look "refreshed and well rested". I also get the "what kind of skin care are you using" question a lot. What each woman wants is subjective, not everyone wants the same thing. At the end of the day, we are the ones looking at ourselves in the mirror and determining what makes us happy. And, each woman is responsible for their own confidence and happiness, we should not expect those feelings to be given to us by a doctor. If that is the expectation, therapy should come before the surgery to ensure surgery is the right for them.

I can only speak for my mom and myself, but we are very very happy with our results, we don't necessarily want people to look at us and know exactly what procedures we got done or that we even got any plastic surgery. If you feel confident, you will wear it proudly on your shoulders. That's the goal for us and it was by far and 100% achieved with Dr.Shim.

Reactions: BabyQ
Sorry to say that I can see that you had fat transfer and not just a facelift.
The face looks bigger than before, so please be honest.
Additionally, you might have paid half of what I had to pay and considering that fact, in my case, it was not worth it.
If I had paid only 6Mio SKW, I wouldn’t be so angry because that’s the price for these “face refreshers” which you can get in the UK, Turkey and everywhere now.

I was simply overcharged massively fir what I got. And my result is uneven. There is more skin left on one side which is visible around the chin area from the front.

Regarding beauty, it is easy for people with lack of knowledge to call others crazy who studied science when it comes to beauty.
You can read the book “influence” by Robert cialdini which describes scientific experiments that came to the conclusion : 55% on what we judge people on is appearance and only 7% is intelligence. Lol.
That means the most attractive person will always have an easier life compared to a highly educated one with 10 degrees.
You can actually see that almost everywhere.

Nowhere in the world, you’ll find a very beautiful person that is poor. Even girls from poor countries are “exported out” to an easier life (in one way or another), but they also often just find people who take care of them.

Overall, you get better treatment, free stuff everywhere, offerings for all sorts of advancements as a beautiful person and that doesn’t end with age (if one has high expectations to work on it).

Being beautiful is literally being a millionaire with a hidden power wherever you go.
I would put it way, way above being rich as I’ve seen so many envious wealthy women who would give all their money away for beauty, or unfortunate billionaires who were born short, unattractive or “invisible” who fall under the spell of beauty.
Of course the person needs intelligence and substance, too, but the sad fact is, most people aren’t too interested in that unless you’re also attractive.

It really depends what you expect from life. I don’t judge others for what they do or expect.
Personally, I prefer reaching for the sky because from experience, that’s where life gets really good. Life is hard anyway, if beauty makes it so easy, why not keep it as long as possible.
It’s your constant invisible million in the bank account- and if you have money, too- life gets really good.

Beauty vs.. Brain ? I am not sure why this topic is even discussed here. Anyways, here is my two-cents!

Plastic surgeries can fix someone if they are a bit ugly. But, there are no surgeries to fix someone who is dumb and stupid.

Marie curie (won two noble prizes) discovered radiation and died early because of the exposure. We wouldn't enjoy the medical advancements (not just plastic surgery) we have now, without the sacrifice of that not so beautiful but exceptionally smart woman. And there are many more examples out there.

I am also pretty sure, none of us would choose a surgeon based on her/his looks, but purely based on his/her skills and credentials :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: maddiek
Hi, I've been so busy with life in general, here's a quick picture update on our recovery progress.

We are at Month 7 and both feel amazing and very happy with our results! There's still a few numb spots around the incision areas, but for the most part a lot of the facial feeling is back.
Thank you so much for updating us . You and your mom, both look very refreshed. Glad you got what you expected. I can also see that the hairline scar is no where to be seen.:heart:

Sorry to say that I can see that you had fat transfer and not just a facelift.
The face looks bigger than before, so please be honest.
Additionally, you might have paid half of what I had to pay and considering that fact, in my case, it was not worth it.
If I had paid only 6Mio SKW, I wouldn’t be so angry because that’s the price for these “face refreshers” which you can get in the UK, Turkey and everywhere now.

I was simply overcharged massively fir what I got. And my result is uneven. There is more skin left on one side which is visible around the chin area from the front.

Regarding beauty, it is easy for people with lack of knowledge to call others crazy who studied science when it comes to beauty.
You can read the book “influence” by Robert cialdini which describes scientific experiments that came to the conclusion : 55% on what we judge people on is appearance and only 7% is intelligence. Lol.
That means the most attractive person will always have an easier life compared to a highly educated one with 10 degrees.
You can actually see that almost everywhere.

Nowhere in the world, you’ll find a very beautiful person that is poor. Even girls from poor countries are “exported out” to an easier life (in one way or another), but they also often just find people who take care of them.

Overall, you get better treatment, free stuff everywhere, offerings for all sorts of advancements as a beautiful person and that doesn’t end with age (if one has high expectations to work on it).

Being beautiful is literally being a millionaire with a hidden power wherever you go.
I would put it way, way above being rich as I’ve seen so many envious wealthy women who would give all their money away for beauty, or unfortunate billionaires who were born short, unattractive or “invisible” who fall under the spell of beauty.
Of course the person needs intelligence and substance, too, but the sad fact is, most people aren’t too interested in that unless you’re also attractive.

It really depends what you expect from life. I don’t judge others for what they do or expect.
Personally, I prefer reaching for the sky because from experience, that’s where life gets really good. Life is hard anyway, if beauty makes it so easy, why not keep it as long as possible.
It’s your constant invisible million in the bank account- and if you have money, too- life gets really good.
Hard truth … so true..,i do acknowledge and agree with this, but why do I feel guilty for wanting to look good…, first and foremost for my self..??

We are all here in the "plastic surgery forum" to get advices about our current/ future cosmetic surgeries. I am here to get advices about my potential nose job. Why do have to feel guilty about caring about ourselves? Our only objective here is to help each other, so we all get what we dream of. We want to do this in a more respectful, useful way.

But, when someone mentions people with ten degrees are inferior to others, I just wanted to tell them that they are not. Thats all! My best wishes to all my PS buddies! :heart::heart:

But not if you choose treatments from people who have low expectations in themselves