Surgeries with Dr.Shim at V.LIF in Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea

Sorry to say that I can see that you had fat transfer and not just a facelift.
The face looks bigger than before, so please be honest.
Additionally, you might have paid half of what I had to pay and considering that fact, in my case, it was not worth it.
If I had paid only 6Mio SKW, I wouldn’t be so angry because that’s the price for these “face refreshers” which you can get in the UK, Turkey and everywhere now.

I was simply overcharged massively fir what I got. And my result is uneven. There is more skin left on one side which is visible around the chin area from the front.

Regarding beauty, it is easy for people with lack of knowledge to call others crazy who studied science when it comes to beauty.
You can read the book “influence” by Robert cialdini which describes scientific experiments that came to the conclusion : 55% on what we judge people on is appearance and only 7% is intelligence. Lol.
That means the most attractive person will always have an easier life compared to a highly educated one with 10 degrees.
You can actually see that almost everywhere.

Nowhere in the world, you’ll find a very beautiful person that is poor. Even girls from poor countries are “exported out” to an easier life (in one way or another), but they also often just find people who take care of them.

Overall, you get better treatment, free stuff everywhere, offerings for all sorts of advancements as a beautiful person and that doesn’t end with age (if one has high expectations to work on it).

Being beautiful is literally being a millionaire with a hidden power wherever you go.
I would put it way, way above being rich as I’ve seen so many envious wealthy women who would give all their money away for beauty, or unfortunate billionaires who were born short, unattractive or “invisible” who fall under the spell of beauty.
Of course the person needs intelligence and substance, too, but the sad fact is, most people aren’t too interested in that unless you’re also attractive.

It really depends what you expect from life. I don’t judge others for what they do or expect.
Personally, I prefer reaching for the sky because from experience, that’s where life gets really good. Life is hard anyway, if beauty makes it so easy, why not keep it as long as possible.
It’s your constant invisible million in the bank account- and if you have money, too- life gets really good.

I'm not sure what your comment about "please be honest" means or if you're referring to me. But, all the procedures are mentioned and notated in my very first post, yes, including fat transfer and liposuction. Feel free to go back and read it, I'm not hiding anything.

I'm just here to provide information about our surgeries, travel and personal experience with Dr.Shim and his office, along with our results. Not really interested in having a discussion about anything else. At the end of the day, I hope it is helpful to those doing research and are considering V.Lif. We couldn't be more happier with our results. The end.

Thank you so much for updating us . You and your mom, both look very refreshed. Glad you got what you expected. I can also see that the hairline scar is no where to be seen.:heart:

Thank you, the hairline scar is not noticeable unless you are staring at it with a magnifying glass. And, my natural hairline is in tact, baby hairs and all.

No issues getting the VAT refund. It was quite easy. We departed at Terminal 1.

There's a 2 step process.
Step 1 - Using the documentation that Bella provides, just head over to the VAT refund kiosk, located next to the "All Departure Gates" section (you can't really miss it), follow the steps on the kiosk. You are given an option between Alipay and Cash for the refund. We selected cash. At the end, it will let you know the location to go to to receive your cash refund.
Step 2 - After getting through security and the immigration line, go to the VAT Refund counter where they disperse the cash. Show your passport at the counter. You are asked what currency you would like it in. Select your preferred currency, and that's it.
You were still able to get VAT refund even while paying with cash? I thought there was no option for vat refund with cash…

What I can see so far, yes. It’s only been nine days postop, so still swollen and minimal bruising. I’ll need to wait couple of months to see the result when 89% of the swelling goes down. I love Dr. Shim’s stitching work. This is one of the reasons I chose him.
It is now almost 6 months. Are you happy with your result? Do you think their FL is on the conservative side? Quite a few people have said it here. Apparently, this means that the face will start sagging again quite soon (not sure how long, maybe a year or 2??) post-op.

Yes, Vlif's stitching from what I've seen is superior.

It is now almost 6 months. Are you happy with your result? Do you think their FL is on the conservative side? Quite a few people have said it here. Apparently, this means that the face will start sagging again quite soon (not sure how long, maybe a year or 2??) post-op.

Yes, Vlif's stitching from what I've seen is superior.
I have perioral mounds that was gone for first two months after my facelift, but it’s back. I went for a follow up appt with Dr. Shim and he said there wasn’t anything he can do for me and suggested filler and Botox. Not the answer I was looking for. So, the bottom line is that I’m not completely happy with my result and yes their results are mediocre.

Just wanted to add on some new information to help those interested. I did a consult at V.lif and ended up not going with them — not because of them but because I ended up wanting something a little less invasive for a lift because I’m in my early 30’s. They quoted me around 10mil krw for the facelift. I was overall impressed by how extensive their SMAS facelift was and would’ve done it if not my worry about the longer healing process.

Just something to think about!

Just wanted to add on some new information to help those interested. I did a consult at V.lif and ended up not going with them — not because of them but because I ended up wanting something a little less invasive for a lift because I’m in my early 30’s. They quoted me around 10mil krw for the facelift. I was overall impressed by how extensive their SMAS facelift was and would’ve done it if not my worry about the longer healing process.

Just something to think about!
is 10mil for their mini lift or regular face lift? Thanks from a fellow early 30s gal :smile:

Did anyone here get charged for their consultation with Vlif? I noticed that they’re charging KRW 100,000 now for a consultation.
I was going to have FL with Vlif, i paid my deposit then book my f2f consultation and surgery date. But after the consultation, i decided to cancel my surgery with them then request for refund. They refunded my deposit but charged me KRW 35,000 for the consultation fee because i don't do surgery with them. I think if you do consultation and surgery with them, the consultation should be free.

Reactions: pie
I was going to have FL with Vlif, i paid my deposit then book my f2f consultation and surgery date. But after the consultation, i decided to cancel my surgery with them then request for refund. They refunded my deposit but charged me KRW 35,000 for the consultation fee because i don't do surgery with them. I think if you do consultation and surgery with them, the consultation should be free.
Why did you cancel surgery?