Surf's Up: SUCH a Cute Movie!

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to see a movie about surfing penguins and chickens. Then I looked at the cast, and the name that jumped out at me was James Woods. (He can do cartoons. I loved him as Hades in Hercules and he rocked as himself on Family Guy.) Then I got excited about all the other names.

200px-Surfs_upmp.jpg

Surf's Up profiles teenage Rockhopper penguin Cody Maverick (Shia LaBeouf), an up-and-coming surfer, as he enters his first pro competition. Followed by a camera crew to document his experiences, Cody leaves his family and home in Shiverpool, Antarctica to travel to Pen Gu Island for the Big Z Memorial Surf Off. Along the way, Cody meets surf nut Chicken Joe (Jon Heder), famous surf promoter Reggie Belafonte (James Woods), surf talent scout Mikey Abromowitz (Mario Cantone), and spirited lifeguard Lani Aliikai (Zooey Deschanel), all of whom recognize Cody’s passion for surfing, even if it sometimes goes too far.

(from Wikipedia.)

I took my 7 year old niece to it today and she really liked it alot. I liked it more than I thought I would. There were a couple of times when I burst out laughing!