Sunscreen that feels like a sophisticated lotion?

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
Do you guys have any recommendations for a good sunscreen (over spf 30) that feels like a nice nourishing lotion or cream?

My fave La Mer Reparative Sun Cream has been discontinued and I loved it for it’s true nourishing lotion/moisturizer like texture.

What really bugs me about many sunscreens is that it feels like a thick cream that drags along your face or unsophisticated film. Also, sunscreens that are watery or dry down fast isn’t preferred because of the alcohol content and lack of nourishing feeling.

I just want that cushiony skincare-like texture and finish that doesn’t leave a white cast. Any recs?

thanks in advance!

When I was working in dermatology for many years, Elta MD was highly recommended. It looks to be very reasonably priced compared to La Mer. One thing I found out over the years is that you do not necessarily get more because you pay more for cosmetics or cosmeceuticals.

Reactions: JenJBS
I'm a big fan of Zelens Daily Defence SPF30. I can wear it as a moisturiser in itself or as sunscreen protection on top of a moisturiser depending on what my skin's doing and the weather.

I really like the fact that it's not greasy, there's no white cast and it feels nice on. I have dryish skin btw.