sundays best?

dkstout

Jul 11, 2008
so i'm receiving an academic letter from my school, and on the invitation for the ceremony it says the dress is sundays best.
i have nothing in my closet that i'd be able to wear. so, show me some cute examples of sundays best. and where i'd be able to buy stuff like it.
thanks in advance.

no it's not a religion school, and i'm not religious. so nothing super conservative.

I think if there's no religious issue they may just mean dress nicely but not too formally and without being too sexy, i.e., nothing really short, backless, super low cut, slinky. Can you tell us more about the event (day or evening) and your budget and preferences?

sundays best? what does that even mean? conservative? like what someone might wear to church? i'm so confused. what's the event?
We used to use the term "church clothes" when I was in school. It used to mean a step above what you wore to school and below coctail attire. For women it meant dresses, suits, or a good pair of slacks and a cashmere sweater or a good blazer. Years ago people wore their good clothes to church. I'm sorry that has changed. If I'm not going to wear my good clothes for God, for whom will I wear them?