Sultry Sistina club!

Can someone please help me authenticate this Sistina GM that I just purchased on ebay? The date code is stamped on a leather tab: TH1026, I'm not sure if LV ever did this for a Sistina GM. PLEASE HELP ME OUT BEFORE I REPORT THE SELLER! Thank you!

I wasn't aware the Sistina was out since 2006. Try the "authenticate" this thread. Plus, all the Sistina I've seen had the date stamp directly on the lining.

Can someone please help me authenticate this Sistina GM that I just purchased on ebay? The date code is stamped on a leather tab: TH1026, I'm not sure if LV ever did this for a Sistina GM. PLEASE HELP ME OUT BEFORE I REPORT THE SELLER! Thank you!

Definitely fake! Sorry :sad:
All (or almost all) LV bags with alcantara lining have the date code stamped directly on the leather, not on the tab.
An authentic Sistina GM as well have the date code stamped directly on leather in one of the inner pockets.
Moreover, this model was in production in 2009-2013, and the country of production was Spain. While the date code on the bag you show to us means 2006, France.
Not authentic.

Last edited:
I saw a Sistina MM for sale on Ebay yesterday and the seller INSISTS she purchased it from a LV boutique. However, her bag has a brown leather tab with the data code stamped - not imprinted in the Alcantara lining like authentic ones I've seen on all three Sistina sizes. I did sent her an email letting her know that her bag had a different method of recording the date code than I've ever seen and questioned her claim of authenticity. Her reply back to me was basically, "Thanks for the information."

Does anyone know if LV ever used a leather tab for MMs at any time? Her datecode is VI 1111. I'm not asking for an authentication, just opinions about the leather tab. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize to her.

Thanks!

Last edited: