Sulfate or not to sulfate (shampoo)

I've used Pravana before... it was grapefruit smelling. My hair stylist told me it would be easier on my (fake) blonde hair. It was drying though... Now I'm brunette again and back to Victoria's Secret shampoo/conditioner and Biolage.

Hey!

I have been using Kenra shampoo and Ojon shampoo. They are SLS free. I am ready to switch. Can anyone recommend a SLS free shampoo?
I need one that is gentle...I have hilighted and long hair.

Thanks!
LC

Are they really better? I'm thinking of trying one and would love some recommendations...

I've never had such a dry scalp w/flakes in my life! I don't know if its because I'm pregnant and just feel more dry in general....but maybe its a buildup of the soap from the shampoo

Any good suggestions? Thanks!

My scalp flakes with shampoos with sulfates and parabens, shampoos without do wonders. I'm currently loving the Shi Kai brand which makes my thick hair really soft.

Another brand I've tried was Organix, longlasting scent, leaves hair clean but that's about it no special features.

Shi Kai and Organix are from drugstores. Shi Kai's a Californian brand and not distributed widely I believe. Safeway and some natural product stores will have them. Organix can be found nationwide in Walgreens, Walmart etc.

I read some good reviews from Burt's Bees, which is sulfate-free. I normally buy salon brands but I thought I'd give it a try. I bought the Volumizing Pomegranate because I have long, fine hair. So far I am very pleased with the results.

It's like anything, you can get good non-sulphate hair products and then others which just do sweet FA (guess it all depends in your hair type though) but I've found Dr. Hauschka shampoo for dry hair and conditioner to be very good and I've heard that MOP products are meant to be quite good, although they weren't for me unfortunately. There's quite a few products out there though - I believe Jason products are meant to quite good as well?