Suggestions needed: Faye backpack vs day bag

Poppy85

Aug 31, 2018
hello everyone and greetings from Italy!
I have been reading the various posts for quite a while now and I just signed in... so happy to have found this forum!

I am new to designer handbags and actually never have purchased one. The only “designer” handbag I have is a Pinko love bag, which I love.

I am looking forward to buy a Chloe bag because I absolutely LOVE the design and would like to treat me a little. I am torn wether to chose the Faye backback in size medium or the Faye day bag in the small size. Same price, same size more or less. I am a true lover of small/ medium bags since I usually do not carry a lot. Just my essentials, my planner and a small pouch.
I usually use shoulder bags or crossbody bags and that’s the reason why I was thinking of the backpack... however I never use backpacks. The Faye day bag is stunning and is an overall practical bag I think, but mainly a crossbody bag...
One last question: I usually just wear jeans and t shirts so my “style” is quite plain. I love black bags but really han my eye on the grey colour. Is grey a good colour to match??
Thank you so much for any suggestion!!

3573DA8A-EB84-45C5-BC45-9F7980ACC950.jpeg
Faye backpack size small

D77C061C-6503-41F2-A355-A9BEF7B6B33E.jpeg
Faye day bag size small

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Ciao ragazza e benvenuto! First, both are stunning bags and visually similar, so I understand your conflict. I am a little biased myself as I have the Small Faye Day in Black, but from what you've said, your style sounds similar to mine. On weekends, I too am a jeans/t-shirt girl, but love a nice bag to dress myself up a bit more. Since this is going to be your first big luxury bag purchase, I would suggest going with something that you think you will wear a lot. It is a huge investment and if you're not a backpack person now, buying a nearly two-thousand dollar bag will not make you one tomorrow.

I personally never wear my Day bag crossbody--I love the relaxed, but dressy look it has when it's on one shoulder. It is a little heavy wearing it this way though.

Since this is your first big designer handbag purchase, you definitely want it to be something that you can use a lot, so don't rush! Is there any way you can go see these bags/try on in store?

As for the Motty Grey color--I think that is one of Chloe's most beautiful leather colors that pairs with a wide range of colors. Just be careful wearing with jeans as it is susceptible to color transfer.

Ciao ragazza e benvenuto! First, both are stunning bags and visually similar, so I understand your conflict. I am a little biased myself as I have the Small Faye Day in Black, but from what you've said, your style sounds similar to mine. On weekends, I too am a jeans/t-shirt girl, but love a nice bag to dress myself up a bit more. Since this is going to be your first big luxury bag purchase, I would suggest going with something that you think you will wear a lot. It is a huge investment and if you're not a backpack person now, buying a nearly two-thousand dollar bag will not make you one tomorrow.

I personally never wear my Day bag crossbody--I love the relaxed, but dressy look it has when it's on one shoulder. It is a little heavy wearing it this way though.

Since this is your first big designer handbag purchase, you definitely want it to be something that you can use a lot, so don't rush! Is there any way you can go see these bags/try on in store?

As for the Motty Grey color--I think that is one of Chloe's most beautiful leather colors that pairs with a wide range of colors. Just be careful wearing with jeans as it is susceptible to color transfer.
First of all, thank you for the advice! ;)
My first intention was the day bag but have been in love with the backpack as soon as I saw it. Actually, I always use hand bags so you’re probably right in purchasing my first designer item which I am sure I’ll get a lot of use from.
There isn’t a chloè boutique in my city but I live at 1h30 from Milan... so that’s definitely worth the trip!

First of all, thank you for the advice! ;)
My first intention was the day bag but have been in love with the backpack as soon as I saw it. Actually, I always use hand bags so you’re probably right in purchasing my first designer item which I am sure I’ll get a lot of use from.
There isn’t a chloè boutique in my city but I live at 1h30 from Milan... so that’s definitely worth the trip!
You're welcome and good idea! No reason to rush into a purchase. Go to the store in something you typically wear and keep in mind the general color scheme of your wardrobe, so you can select the right color bag as well.

Looking forward to hearing what you ultimately decide on!

I'm pretty sure the second picture you posted is the mini size, not the small! If you're buying in person that won't be a problem, though. Just wanted to make sure you get the right bag size for you :smile:

I would go with the Faye day bag. I have both and tend to only wear the backpack when I am commuting to and from work and I happen to have other luggage with me. While beautiful, it comes off more casual; you can’t really take it to dinner or drinks.

I completely agree with the idea that if you are not already a backpack person, you will find that you will not carry it. The Day Bag will be perfect for you!

Hello again! So... I went to one of chole voti quest in Milan two days ago! such beautiful bags!!
I tried both the day bag and the backpack and... while I like the fact that the day bag is organized in compartments, the backpack really looks so pretty and seems comfortable on the shoulder. As the sale assistant said, the day bag gives you a more “adult/mature” look, while tha backpack is definitely more a “casual/young” look. I prefer the day bag in size mini... but need a bigger bag now.
Soooo for all of these reasons I think I’ll probably go with the backpack! I realized that I’ll also often use it as a backpack since I usually have tons of bags to carry do to my work (I run a bnb), so this may possibly help to have both hands totally free
I tried both the tan color and the motty grey and they are both beautiful... I think the tan color will look even more wonderful With use!

Ps: Leave you with a foto of Milan... this is the Duomo, the city’s symbol :smile:

7CD2F413-0679-416F-A36F-CF106EC50FEA.jpeg

Hello again! So... I went to one of chole voti quest in Milan two days ago! such beautiful bags!!
I tried both the day bag and the backpack and... while I like the fact that the day bag is organized in compartments, the backpack really looks so pretty and seems comfortable on the shoulder. As the sale assistant said, the day bag gives you a more “adult/mature” look, while tha backpack is definitely more a “casual/young” look. I prefer the day bag in size mini... but need a bigger bag now.
Soooo for all of these reasons I think I’ll probably go with the backpack! I realized that I’ll also often use it as a backpack since I usually have tons of bags to carry do to my work (I run a bnb), so this may possibly help to have both hands totally free
I tried both the tan color and the motty grey and they are both beautiful... I think the tan color will look even more wonderful With use!

Ps: Leave you with a foto of Milan... this is the Duomo, the city’s symbol :smile:

View attachment 4185146
Aww congrats! So happy for your purchase and you seem really excited about it which is what really matters. I think the tan color was a good choice—it almost gives the backpack a completely different look/vibe. Post some mod shots if you’d like. We’d love to see!

And thank you for the picture of the duomo! Takes me back to when I used to live in Italy :heart: