Travel Suggestions for lightweight luggage?

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Every year, my husband and I go on a long international trip that usually covers a couple of different countries, and we bring along a large bag to carry all our stuff. At the end of the trip, we always spend the last day trying to throw out things to make it not hit the overweight baggage limit. Can anyone recommend a really lightweight bag (28" or larger) that is fashionable? Hopefully something 12 lbs or less empty. We were thinking of the Eagle Creek line because they are so light (10 lbs) but most look like big backpacks which is not our style. Thanks!!:smile:

I was just looking for the same thing! I decided on a Skyway Sigma 29" which is under 10 lbs and also very inexpensive.

Have you considered buying a duffel bag or something similar that collapses very small? You can pack it with you and on the way home, pull it out and pack it with dirty laundry, etc. and check it in. This would also help you avoid the overweight luggage issue.

The overweight thing used to happen to me all the time. And I had really lightweight luggage, travelpro lite I think they were called. When it was time for new bags, I got 2 medium sized bags, and my DH and I now take seperate bags, not just one big one anymore. And I bring a foldable duffle to bring back the dirty clothes in. It solved the problem. For trips that require a big bag, I only put things like jackets, coats, socks in the big bag, not heavy things like shoes. I also would highly suggest the bags with four wheels, the spinning kind. They make a world of difference

The overweight thing used to happen to me all the time. And I had really lightweight luggage, travelpro lite I think they were called. When it was time for new bags, I got 2 medium sized bags, and my DH and I now take seperate bags, not just one big one anymore. And I bring a foldable duffle to bring back the dirty clothes in. It solved the problem. For trips that require a big bag, I only put things like jackets, coats, socks in the big bag, not heavy things like shoes. I also would highly suggest the bags with four wheels, the spinning kind. They make a world of difference