Suggestion: Notifying a Member When Their Post is Deleted

Stophle

Loyal Browncoat
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
I apologize if there is already a thread about this somewhere, I wasn't able to find one.

Yesterday one of my posts was deleted in a thread and I don't know why. As far as I'm aware I wasn't breaking any forum rules as I am usually very careful about how I word things, not wanting to start any drama.

This morning I was directed to look in that thread and my post was removed. I guess some drama did ensue after I posted, but those posts were removed as well so I can't see what happened.

I would like to suggest that whenever a mod deletes someone's post, they pm that member to tell them why. It's disconcerting to have yourself censored with no explanation. I'm a pretty easygoing person, but I have to say I am a little insulted by that. Not to mention the fact that if I did break a rule or say something bad, not telling me why my post was removed won't teach me anything about what not to do in the future.

I understand mods are busy and aren't getting paid for this work and I am grateful for all that they do, but would it be that much extra work to shoot off a quick pm after deleting a post?

Thank you for your time.

It is too much for us to PM people everytime a post is edited or deleted to be honest.
I think yours was removed due to being a little too political. There wasn't any drama involved, wasn't a big deal.

Thank you for your reply. :smile: I appreciate it and I know you are busy.

I was very careful in my post, about not making it political. I only commented that I found it funny that Sarah Palin was widely criticized for her big expensive makeover, but Michelle ***** wears expensive clothing quite often too and is praised for it. After I said that I even went on to generalize that I like seeing women in politics who dress nicely, all women. I didn't make an anti-***** post or anything like that. In fact, previously in that thread I have been very positive about Mrs. ***** because I really like her style.

I guess I need to know where to draw the line so my future posts won't be deleted. These gray areas are difficult sometimes and while it isn't a big deal to the mod deleting a post, it can be a big deal to the person whose post has been deleted. It's disheartening.

A thread about Michelle ***** or any remotely political figure will require a lot more sensitivity than a regular celeb/public figure.
Bringing up Sarah Palin and comparing them this way is getting political, even if I agree w/ you ;) Please just comment on MO's style :yes: this way there's no grey area. KWIM?

Yes, I know what you mean. :smile: I suppose it's my fault, it was one of those things I just *had* to comment on. *LOL* I suppose even putting it as sensitively as I did was risky. Dangit.

Well, thank you again for your replies.

I only commented that I found it funny that Sarah Palin was widely criticized for her big expensive makeover, but Michelle ***** wears expensive clothing quite often too and is praised for it.

If I can toss in a thought......

Unlike SP, MO is not now, never has been and probably never will be a political figure. Discussing MO is like discussing any other international socialite.

If I can toss in a thought......

Unlike SP, MO is not now, never has been and probably never will be a political figure. Discussing MO is like discussing any other international socialite.

That is true, in that she wasn't running for office herself so my comparison probably wasn't entirely apples to apples, but I was more referring to the fact that they were both prominent figures during that race. :smile:

I agree with Swanky though, she's definitely a political figure, even if she isn't a politician.

If we look at it literally, she's not a "politician" but let's be realistic. . . she IS political and people can't help but get wrapped up in it. So to keep some threads open, those threads have to be much tighter to topic.