Food Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie - I PROMISE you won't be able to tell the difference!

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
Tis the season - for pumpkin pie!!! I can't eat sugar, and all this pumpkin and cinnamon spice KILLS me! Pumpkin breads, apple pies, pumpkin pies - fall is my favorite season. And I MISS pumpkin pie! So I made this sugar free recipe that comes out PHENOMENAL - none of my room mates could tell it was sugar free! :yahoo:

What you need:
• 3/4 cup splenda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice OR 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger with a light dash of nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 2 large eggs
• 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
• 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
• 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
• Whipped cream (optional)

Directions:
MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

I promise, you won't be able to tell the difference! :yahoo: :wlae:

DSCN1421.jpg

I'm making this pie right now! I wanted a healthier crust as well, so I made an almond flour crust using 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup splenda, 1/2 cup smart balance, and a dash of vanilla. My husband, who bought a Costco pumpkin cheesecake because he heard "sugarfree" and thought I was out of my mind, just tasted the remnants of the crust and pie filling from the mixing bowls and said, "Yummmmmmm!" I think this will be a hit!