Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie - I PROMISE you won't be able to tell the difference!

1. Tis the season - for pumpkin pie!!! I can't eat sugar, and all this pumpkin and cinnamon spice KILLS me! Pumpkin breads, apple pies, pumpkin pies - fall is my favorite season. And I MISS pumpkin pie! So I made this sugar free recipe that comes out PHENOMENAL - none of my room mates could tell it was sugar free! :yahoo:

What you need:
    • 3/4 cup splenda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice OR 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger with a light dash of nutmeg
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
    • 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
    • 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
    • Whipped cream (optional)

Directions:
    MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

I promise, you won't be able to tell the difference! :yahoo: :wlae:

[​IMG]

2. ..Ill have to try it! It's looks yummy!!

3. I never thought it was possible to make a sugar-free pumpkin pie (no refined-sugar), but a few years ago I was determined to figure it out. I came up with this recipe and since then it has been a part of our Thanksgiving feast.

Krista

4. yummmy

5. sounds great. i love pumpkin pie!

6. yummy!

7. Yum!

8. :upsidedown: :P

9. I'm making this pie right now! I wanted a healthier crust as well, so I made an almond flour crust using 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup splenda, 1/2 cup smart balance, and a dash of vanilla. My husband, who bought a Costco pumpkin cheesecake because he heard "sugarfree" and thought I was out of my mind, just tasted the remnants of the crust and pie filling from the mixing bowls and said, "Yummmmmmm!" I think this will be a hit!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice