Food Sugar cookies are starting to frustrate me!!

socalgrl86

Mommy Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2006
I am new to this whole baking thing. Ever since 2 weeks ago when I found out that I can actually bake some good cookies its been non stop baking..(im like that..)lol

anyways, the one thing I have NOT been able to conquer are sugar cookies!! Why?! The dough didnt come out right and augh, im about to quit. But then its gonna bug me ALOT so my question is..does anyone know any good sugar cookies recipes that are not gonna fail me? :smile:

I've tried this recipe a few times and it's pretty easy to work with.

Sugar Cookies
1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
With electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in granulated and icing sugars and then beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into butter mixture. Bake 375ºF (190ºC) oven for 10 to 12 minutes

Good luck!
Z

marthastewart.com, go to her sugar cookie recipe, I just made them this weekend and they were pretty good. I am a good cook but a lousy baker and it turned out good. I think the secret is to refrigerate the dough after you combine all the ingredients. Good luck!

Try this shortbread recipe!

INGREDIENTS:

• 8 ounces butter (2 sticks), room temperature
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients; use hands to knead until ingredients are blended. Press into ungreased pans (or chill and roll out to about 1/2-inch on a floured board and cut into shapes). Bake at 325° for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Cut into wedges while warm or break apart.