Suede in Ireland...would I be crazy?

Aoifs

O.G.
Mar 18, 2013
Can anyone who owns a suede YSL bag advise me on wear & tear? Especially if you live in a wet climate? I'm eyeing the LouLou in cinnamon suede for my 40th bday and I just love how it looks online. I love suede bags looks-wise and I do wear suede shoes/boots, even in winter.

Would I regret buying a suede bag in Ireland? I don't see this as an everyday/work bag - more special occasion and date nights.

Thanks all!

Reactions: baghagg
DH sprays his expensive suede with Nano spray. No change in color or texture. Repels water and even staining products like ketchup. he won’t wear them in a downpour, but if he is caught in a drizzle, it’s okay. Perhaps check with the boutique or text a small inconspicuous spot before trying

Here is my medium Loulou. I’ve had it for about a year and a half, and wore it almost exclusively for the first few months. There is some corner wear, and a little bit of wear at the flap, but other than that it’s held up pretty nicely. I use Ugg’s suede kit to take care of it. IMG_4229.jpeg

I live in Seattle and carry suede bags. I just make sure to treat them with a waterproof protectant first. I like a product from Colonill but that's not necessarily easy to get. I've also heard good things about Tarrago Nano Protector but haven't used it myself.

Whatever you use make sure to test it on an inconspicuous spot first. If all is well do at least two coats before you wear the bag out. If you DO find yourself caught in a downpour pat the bag dry including the hardware, stuff it to retain the shape and let it dry naturally.

The cinnamon suede LouLou is really pretty. If you love it and especially if you don't plan to use it as an everyday bag I say don't let the climate deter you!