Styling craie, nata and beyond

Craie was an unexpected favorite for me, considering I don’t wear a lot of light colored neutrals. Couldn’t say no to a mini Evelyne w Amazone strap though!

Surprisingly I don’t have to worry much about color transfer either! And as an unexpected hiking companion one morning, it held up pretty well…just don’t tell my SA

3152B5B3-8AE6-49DD-A83A-FCC26C53FD36.jpeg

My craie bags all have palladium hardware as I don’t like how gold brings out a yellow undertone in most light neutrals, so I style craie to be a cool tone. I find craie to look great with colors similar to Rose Jaipur as I have a ShangXia cape in Rose Jaipur cashmere with craie lambskin details. So I think they would look great with an all beige and Rose Jaipur-esque outfit all brought together using a scarf that has the two colors.

I find craie to also look great with mother of pearl and white pearls, which could be used to introduce the color in a monochrome outfit (like all black or grey). Finding a captoe shoe that has a color similar to craie would be a great way to incorporate the color.

Yet, my favorite is an all silk or cashmere set in a craie like color and embrace a complete monochrome or one that is broken by a stole. Eileen Fisher makes great craie like colors.

Following this thread as well. I have always dreamed of having a bag in Craie, but hesitated because I don’t know how to style it and I am afraid of getting it dirty… I heard that Craie in chevre sometimes may show crack lines as it ages… Is this true?

Any insight regarding how to keep it clean will be much appreciated. (I understand it is a very light color bag, and that any bag with use will get dirty at some point)

Following this thread as well. I have always dreamed of having a bag in Craie, but hesitated because I don’t know how to style it and I am afraid of getting it dirty… I heard that Craie in chevre sometimes may show crack lines as it ages… Is this true?

Any insight regarding how to keep it clean will be much appreciated. (I understand it is a very light color bag, and that any bag with use will get dirty at some point)

That’s an informative thread. The biggest thing with light colored bags is color transfer so make sure your jeans are well washed or avoid dark denim altogether if you’re very concerned.

A wipe down with microfiber cloth after taking it out for a spin would be a good idea.

I don’t love Twillies but for a light colored bag I would have it on there. Having said that, I heard you can get the handle replaced by Hermes if it gets really gross later on.

I love cream…in fact, I am almost always wearing something in cream. Last fall I picked up this amazing jacket which I wear often.
59F03D06-B578-4DBB-A410-61BDBB7A9AE0.jpeg
I’m not sure whether the leather is technically ‘Craie’ but it’s definitely similar and it gets dirty…I wipe the cuffs and the leather trim after every wear. It’s not as if it gets any dirtier than any other jacket but you can see the dirt. And of course, the same would be true of a Craie bag…it will show the dirt that might not be visible on a Gold or Bleu Nuit bag even though it’s there. A B30 in Craie is at the top of my wishlist and I know it will get dirty…visibly dirty…but I’ll just wipe it down and live with it. And it’ll go with everything I own!

I love cream…in fact, I am almost always wearing something in cream. Last fall I picked up this amazing jacket which I wear often.
View attachment 5721682
I’m not sure whether the leather is technically ‘Craie’ but it’s definitely similar and it gets dirty…I wipe the cuffs and the leather trim after every wear. It’s not as if it gets any dirtier than any other jacket but you can see the dirt. And of course, the same would be true of a Craie bag…it will show the dirt that might not be visible on a Gold or Bleu Nuit bag even though it’s there. A B30 in Craie is at the top of my wishlist and I know it will get dirty…visibly dirty…but I’ll just wipe it down and live with it. And it’ll go with everything I own!
Wow, that jacket is TDF!

Back in the days of plexiglass dividers at the cash register and not enough counter space, my bag went for a somersault to the floor - everyone gasped, and staff were quick to the rescue - but no big deal, no dirt, no scratches - ok, like that 5 second rule, all good - since 24/24 does not have feet, my SA back then suggested I pack a small towel (i use a shoe dustbag) in situations where I need to sit the bag on questionable surfaces (like having that bag raincoat “just in case”)… and yeah, never wear the bag with dark, new and and unwashed denim, or not in winter when roads are mucky and dirty - but that is just common sense, no?

Craie was an unexpected favorite for me, considering I don’t wear a lot of light colored neutrals. Couldn’t say no to a mini Evelyne w Amazone strap though!

Surprisingly I don’t have to worry much about color transfer either! And as an unexpected hiking companion one morning, it held up pretty well…just don’t tell my SA

View attachment 5721490
Gosh we are twins and I absolutely love this bag!

I have a picotin 18 in bleu pale ghw which is also very light in color like craie and nata but with bluish gray undertone. I wonder how you fashionable ladies style with it? Would love to see some beautiful outfits paired with bleu pale bags or similar tone for inspiration.
I used to have a jige in a similar hue. I styled it with dolce leopard print and knits; burgundy (calf hair skirt); bittersweet brown (valentino cashmere); navy or black (vintage lace from my grandmother or black eyelet); charcoal gray pants. In the summer, against white, cream, olive, beige, taupe. But mainly as a light pop neutral against dark, high contrast, clothes. I avoided dark denim

• Love
Reactions: Frivole88
Hello, I am just offered a B25 Nata sellier and paranoid about it getting dirty and also wanting to know whether the cream color will change over time. Want to know what is recommended to take care of epsom leather in light color and whether the bag will change in color over time, will it look more yellow? I assume H spa can fix if this happens? I don’t intend to use much other than special occasions.

Thank you so much!

Hello, I am just offered a B25 Nata sellier and paranoid about it getting dirty and also wanting to know whether the cream color will change over time. Want to know what is recommended to take care of epsom leather in light color and whether the bag will change in color over time, will it look more yellow? I assume H spa can fix if this happens? I don’t intend to use much other than special occasions.

Thank you so much!
I don’t personally prefer epsom for light colors as I think dirt/color transfer tends to collect on the raised grains and look worse than it does on smoother leathers or leathers with more irregular grain.

That’s me though. I have a craie B25 togo with rghw and a very casual personal style. I wear it with everything. It’s blasphemy but I just wash off dirt/color transfer with a little water and Castile soap. Do not recommend that anyone do as I do but I don’t treat it as something precious.