Structure vs. Slouch: What's your bag style?

What's your preference?

• Structured: I like bags with clean lines and a definite shape.

• Slouchy: I prefer my bags to puddle, or hug my body.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Big bags? Slouchy all the way. :biggrin:

Clutches? I can go either way, but in the case of slouchy clutches, they need to have some sort of stiffening element (e.g. some sort of 'belt' around the centre, or pockets, or gathering, or some sort of beading, or other embellishment, or whatever, to firm them up a bit), otherwise they flop around too much and are really annoying to carry.

I like both. I gotta agree with some of the ladies here. I like it structured for school & slouched for vacation. I gotta agree with tadpolenyc, "a great bag collection has both styles of bags in it".

I have loved all my big ole bags ~ but can't be too slouchy 'cause then I can never ever find anything when I want it (as an example a Cynthia Rowley ~ it was gorgeous washed red leather but everything ended up in a puddle in the middle of the bag when I would search for keys, wallet, etc). As it is I'm a bit tired of the big bags I've carried the last few years ~ although I do love a bag with lots of pockets & slots! I'm on the search now for a very structured bag ~ one that reminds me of the bags my Mother carried in the 40's & 50's. I am about to venture into wonderful croco and old fashioned shape and structure that you can now find with Brahmin ~ Louise satchel. What a stunner!

My vote was for slouchy, in soft, supple leather. But structured is important for work/career. I need something large and structured for work since I meet clients out everyday for coffee, lunch, etc. Maybe something with pleats to lend it a feminine vibe?

I love both, but my structured bags are my more "professional" bags, even though my black L.A.M.B. that I consider to look more professional than my black leather Juicy is a bit slouchy. And I like my structured totes for school, so I don't lose things.

In general I prefer slouch! It's comfy and casual and that's more my style... but a terrific satchel in a stiffer leather or boxy shape definitely has a place in my collection as well... so chic!

And, I agree with one of the other posters about having the bag retain SOME of it's shape when it's set down lol... it is a bit weird when a bag puddles into a big mess; but that doesn't stop me from carrying them... I just use a PTG and it helps!

I like soft leather and don't mind some slouch but cannot tolerate a bag where everything puddles and you can't find your stuff. So some shape and compartments are a must for me.