Stripey thingies on the canvas of my Pochette Metis

ManilaMama

Mar 5, 2016
Hi, guys! My Pochette Metis is less than a year old. I use it often but not for long periods of time. The vachetta is still pretty light, it's that new!

I've noticed some stripes every time I take it out to use. Today I took her out and decided to show you guys.

The canvas is flat, not wrinkly at all. It feels good. No uneven parts. But in the LIGHT it's as if the canvas is stripey? As if the canvas was painted with a sealant with a brush and wasn't done evenly? Does that make sense?

You only see it when you tilt the bag near a light source. On a regular day nobody would notice, really... so I don't mind -too- much.

I tried wiping it gently. No dice. Nothing will wipe it off. This has never been under the rain and it is stored very well. All the canvas of my other monogram bags are spotless.Take a look and let me know if this is "normal"??

IMG_1499574363.892987.jpg
IMG_1499574381.881677.jpg
IMG_1499574394.452119.jpg
IMG_1499574407.364022.jpg

I'm not worried about authenticity. I purchased this straight from a boutique with my regular SA. Just wondering what it could be, if it's "normal" and if there's something I can do to "wipe" it off?

That doesn't look normal, sadly. Are you able to take it to your boutique? Never seen anything like that before. Hope you receive a quick response/solution from LV!

That doesn't look normal, sadly. Are you able to take it to your boutique? Never seen anything like that before. Hope you receive a quick response/solution from LV!

Haven't had the chance to take it to my local boutique.

I am from Manila, Philippines. I bought this in Hong Kong (they have tons more stock there). I also haven't been back to Hong Kong to show my SA this.

We have a local LV but I'm not so happy with them. They always seem to not know much and always say that they will take my bag and send it away for 10 weeks just to "evaluate". They won't even confirm or let me know if something is "off" or whether I'll be charged for repair or whatever. It's really not comforting, how the Manila LV staff are whenever I bring up an issue (recently went to the regarding fraying with my Palm Springs Mini). All I hear is that they're taking my bag for a long time and at the end of it, maybe it "can" be repaired or whatever. Sigh.

I wish I could take in in store with all my receipts, show my concern and have someone say "oh yes that's not right, let me replace it asap or put you on the list for the next one arriving". Or even to hear, "no, that's normal" would be ok with me. At least there's closure. Lol.

Instead I hear, "we can't tell if it's normal. We will send it to Singapore to assess. In 10 weeks they will send it back with recommendations on what to do. If they say it can be repaired we will send it to France where you will wait longer". Sigh.

Anyway thanks for responding. I'll take it to my local LV and see what they say.

I have never seen anything like this. It looks like running liquid marks. Weird!

I was hoping you would reply!! (I see you as an expert and respect your input round these parts!)

Yes it's weird! Even a google search yields NO results. No similarities! [emoji30]

Is it unreasonable for me to not want to wait months for it to come back? I paid cash for a good product and somehow wish they could replace/fix it asap. Ah but such is LV life.

I'll let you know what they say when I manage to get time to stop by my local store.

Thanks!

More photos. I'm convinced there's something wrong with the piece of canvas they used for the outside of the bag.

Stripes go all the way under the part that would be covered by the flap:

IMG_1499581071.131737.jpg

Underside of flap is fine! But that's because it's a different piece of canvas:

IMG_1499581101.512959.jpg

Here is a top shot of the stripes on the bag exterior. I took out my twilly to show how the stripes continue from front to back:

IMG_1499581154.921143.jpg

IMG_1499581167.641957.jpg

So it can't be from a form of liquid spilling or anything. That wouldn't leave uniform straight stripes from front to back.

Oh well. On the upside - my toddler says the stripes look cool. [emoji23]

Reactions: purplum
Haven't had the chance to take it to my local boutique.

I am from Manila, Philippines. I bought this in Hong Kong (they have tons more stock there). I also haven't been back to Hong Kong to show my SA this.

We have a local LV but I'm not so happy with them. They always seem to not know much and always say that they will take my bag and send it away for 10 weeks just to "evaluate". They won't even confirm or let me know if something is "off" or whether I'll be charged for repair or whatever. It's really not comforting, how the Manila LV staff are whenever I bring up an issue (recently went to the regarding fraying with my Palm Springs Mini). All I hear is that they're taking my bag for a long time and at the end of it, maybe it "can" be repaired or whatever. Sigh.

I wish I could take in in store with all my receipts, show my concern and have someone say "oh yes that's not right, let me replace it asap or put you on the list for the next one arriving". Or even to hear, "no, that's normal" would be ok with me. At least there's closure. Lol.

Instead I hear, "we can't tell if it's normal. We will send it to Singapore to assess. In 10 weeks they will send it back with recommendations on what to do. If they say it can be repaired we will send it to France where you will wait longer". Sigh.

Anyway thanks for responding. I'll take it to my local LV and see what they say.
Good luck with your local LV! If they don't give a good answer, maybe you can bring it to LV Hong Kong or Singapore if your travels take you to there.

I use my Pochette Metis almost every time I go out. I've had it for years -- before I knew it was a "thing." I was in St. Thomas and had outgrown my Favorite Medium. Anyway, i just looked at it and the vachette is spotted and has a deep, sun tanned patina. There is a perfect smooth coated canvas on the bag.
I hope you are given a replacement bag. It looks like the canvas was wrinkled when it was coated, but you didn't mention that it felt wrinkly.

Best of look to you.

More photos. I'm convinced there's something wrong with the piece of canvas they used for the outside of the bag.

Stripes go all the way under the part that would be covered by the flap:

View attachment 3758051

Underside of flap is fine! But that's because it's a different piece of canvas:

View attachment 3758052

Here is a top shot of the stripes on the bag exterior. I took out my twilly to show how the stripes continue from front to back:

View attachment 3758053

View attachment 3758054

So it can't be from a form of liquid spilling or anything. That wouldn't leave uniform straight stripes from front to back.

Oh well. On the upside - my toddler says the stripes look cool. [emoji23]

Good advice. Will do. I'm eager to see what local LV says. I plan to go this week!
Hi there, I just bought a Preloved 2017 NeoNoe with the exact same stripes that your Metis canvas has. What was the LVs store’s response? Since I’m not the original owner I don’t think I can take it in for repair but am curious if they were able to repair or exchange your bag?