Stresa in the rain 1 year later....still marks....help!

You have the most beautifully patina on your bags. Maybe I will try the black rock. I'm not sure if I can post links to eBay but I found a few auctions for about $6. Is that what you bought? It did say not to use it on untreated leather tough. So confused!

No - I don't ever use it on vachetta - just on my leather ricky bag. I'm a VERY firm believer after buying LV for almost 30 years - I never treat my bags.

Don't use it on vachetta! Sorry if that was confusing!

krissypoo1975 said:
Okay :smile:. Thank you. I misread. Your bags that I have seen are very lovely. :smile:

I had one time I got caught it the rain. I literally wet the entire bag. It worked. But I did it right away. I rubbed it in with a soft cloth. It's the only time I ever did that deliberately and it did darken the bag. I don't necessarily recommend it, but it did work.

Have you asked an SA what to do?

I would try sunning before putting anything on it. Did you say you've been storing it in the dustbag? I'd take it out and sit it in the window to see if it evens out a little. I have one bag that I didn't treat before I carried it and, of course, we got caught in the rain and now it looks like yours- but it's a speedy b, and not as much large leather as yours. I've just continued carrying it and allowed it to get lots of sunlight and it's evening out.

Honestly, I'd take it to LV for an opinion. I don't know that conditioning or cleaning it will get out water stains. :rain:

I had one time I got caught it the rain. I literally wet the entire bag. It worked. But I did it right away. I rubbed it in with a soft cloth. It's the only time I ever did that deliberately and it did darken the bag. I don't necessarily recommend it, but it did work.

Have you asked an SA what to do?

I did ask when it first happened and they said time and patina would even it out. Sort of like a broken heart.....times heals all wounds :graucho:

So the water idea, I'm cool with that. Would it be too drying?

I would try sunning before putting anything on it. Did you say you've been storing it in the dustbag? I'd take it out and sit it in the window to see if it evens out a little. I have one bag that I didn't treat before I carried it and, of course, we got caught in the rain and now it looks like yours- but it's a speedy b, and not as much large leather as yours. I've just continued carrying it and allowed it to get lots of sunlight and it's evening out.

Honestly, I'd take it to LV for an opinion. I don't know that conditioning or cleaning it will get out water stains. :rain:

Darn rain. It had been in my closet for a year now :shame: I was so upset when it happened I closeted her away and bought a DE bag. Solved hat problem. I refuse to play victim to Pittsburgh weather! It keeps me house bound enough!!!

since I posted this I have her sitting on the kitchen table away from all of my sticky fingered children ;). I'm hoping the daylight will help. If Stresa didn't have a huge flap it wouldn't be too bad since the straps aren't wide. I may try the water trick that charleston-mom suggested. I don't mind a darker color if it is more even

Alma 2.JPG

Alma 1.JPG

Alma Rain 1.JPG

Here's pictures of my Alma after wetting it evenly after being caught in the torrential rain. The shadows on the left side in each are my thumb (iphone shots).

The first two pictures are with no flash. The third is with flash.

As you can see - I still have sheen.

View attachment 2078543

View attachment 2078549

View attachment 2078550

Here's pictures of my Alma after wetting it evenly after being caught in the torrential rain. The shadows on the left side in each are my thumb (iphone shots).

The first two pictures are with no flash. The third is with flash.

As you can see - I still have sheen.

She is beautiful! I love the sheen. How do they get such a beautiful sheen? I just got a sully and don't want a Stresa repeat! Lol.

She is beautiful! I love the sheen. How do they get such a beautiful sheen? I just got a sully and don't want a Stresa repeat! Lol.

I've always had that sheen on my bags. I am a FIRM believer it's due to never putting any chemicals, sprays, lotions, cremes, cleansers, protectants on them. Vachetta is meant to patina naturally. That's why LV tells you not to. It's not good for the leather. If you can leave it alone - you'll in time have a gorgeous vintage bag with beautiful patina.

Darn rain. It had been in my closet for a year now :shame: I was so upset when it happened I closeted her away and bought a DE bag. Solved hat problem. I refuse to play victim to Pittsburgh weather! It keeps me house bound enough!!!

since I posted this I have her sitting on the kitchen table away from all of my sticky fingered children ;). I'm hoping the daylight will help. If Stresa didn't have a huge flap it wouldn't be too bad since the straps aren't wide. I may try the water trick that charleston-mom suggested. I don't mind a darker color if it is more even

You're from Pittsburgh?? Me too! I live about 60 miles away (Indiana). :smile:
OMG, you should do a search and find my stresa nightmare story!! One of the first times I carried it- first my son leaned over the carseat while we were loading the car and sneezed a big gob on the flap leaving a big stain, and then the lady in Sam's Club in Monroeville handed me a sample of bright red tomato soup and I squeezed it, it went straight up in the air and landed ALL OVER my brand new stresa!! That bag was a nightmare, I sold it and never looked back! LOL

You're from Pittsburgh?? Me too! I live about 60 miles away (Indiana). :smile:
OMG, you should do a search and find my stresa nightmare story!! One of the first times I carried it- first my son leaned over the carseat while we were loading the car and sneezed a big gob on the flap leaving a big stain, and then the lady in Sam's Club in Monroeville handed me a sample of bright red tomato soup and I squeezed it, it went straight up in the air and landed ALL OVER my brand new stresa!! That bag was a nightmare, I sold it and never looked back! LOL

Yep, I'm north of Pittsburgh in cranberry. hi neighbor. I've been through Indiana many times :smile:
Your story of Stresa trauma gave me heartburn! Lol. Poor thing. Did the stains ever come out? I feel like it is not a starter bag at all! Too bad mine was. It just has too much vachetta with that flap but that's what akes it pretty. Unless its spotted with rain, boogers, or tomato soup! Lol

Well, the sneeze stain never came out, it looked like your water marks but in a big blob..lol.
The tomato soup, by some miracle, did. Most of it was on the canvas and in the creases and piping. I was in Sam's, so my sweet hubby grabbed a case of baby wipes and bought them and I sat in her car crying and scrubbing it. I remember looking at it completely soaked from baby wipes and hoping that it would be ok. For a while I found little spots of dried soup on it, but the vachetta was miraculously spared!!!

I was at my son's school for the valentine's party last week and one of my fellow room moms was carrying a very new stresa,, I complimented her on it and she said that it was a Christmas present. I have known her for years and our kids play little league together, so I know that this is her first lv- I really wanted to pull her aside and sit her down to have a talk about vachetta care, but don't want her to think that I'm a freak!!! Lol

Little league starts soon, if we're on the same team this year I'll totally school her on miracle shield and vachetta care!!! Lol