Straw bags

I went to Coach, and looked at the Hamptons Archive Straw Bag with Beautiful Flowers on it, I was not happy with the quality of the straw that was used to make the bag - it had snags all over it, so was afraid to purchase one for that reason. If you can, I say go look at the bag so you can see if you like it. Hope this helps

I went to Coach, and looked at the Hamptons Archive Straw Bag with Beautiful Flowers on it, I was not happy with the quality of the straw that was used to make the bag - it had snags all over it, so was afraid to purchase one for that reason. If you can, I say go look at the bag so you can see if you like it. Hope this helps

I also went to Coach to look at this bag and was considering it for my summer tote. I was disappointed with the snags I saw as well. If I'm going to pay over $300 for a bag, I'm now convinced it will ONLY be for leather. I bought a straw Legacy slim tote on bay last summer. I wore it for a few months and it was starting to look sad in some areas..

These reviews are making me reconsider my urge to purchase the bag in question. Guess I'll have to check it out in store. I don't want a bag that's gonna snag and die on me :sad:

Won't Coach warranty the straw bag as well as any leather bag? My mother owned a straw bag made in Mexico (not a Coach) and it lasted 25 years before it wore out.

I purchased this bag as well...I love, love, love it!! I have a straw bag from last year that is made of a totally different straw than the new hamptons...I think the straw used for the hamptons flower bag is suppose to be a distressed type...I looked at 4 brand new, had to unwrap bags and they all had the little imperfections (and they are little)...that is just the type of straw it is. It is still Coach quality..which you know will hold up over time if you aren't too hard on it...Keep in mind, a straw bag is not an everyday bag anyways...I would advise you to go look at it (and try not to fall in love..lol)

I have three straw bags , one from 04 , one from 05 and one from 07 they all hold up really well and I have never had a problem with my straw bags , however my three are a completely different type of straw than the ones they have now