Strange mark on bal hardware- experts?

Roo

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
This is a super macro pic of the hardware on a black 2005 First. All the other details on the bag totally add up. The only thing is there is this little 'ding' on the loop attaching to the strap clip. All the hardware looks correct and appears to have the correct solders. Has anyone seen this before?

balblackfirst2.jpg

I might also add that this mark is almost like a small "v" shape. It's interesting to me just because I collect antique jewelry and often see hallmarks on old peices that look similar....

hey Roo i've got my city black sitting on my lap and i've just looked at the hardware and there appears to be a 'nick' on both of them just near the top... is this what ya talking about???? hmmm, i might go and check twiggy and marshmallow white first... be back in a tick

hi again, Roo - i just checked my other b-bags... my black city seems like its got 'larger nicks' on them compared to the other 2 bags... i've never noticed them before! hehehe! all my b-bags are real - got them from BalNY, Aloha Rag and 1 from a PF member.... lets see what everyone else says.... I'm sure its fine though!!! :biggrin:

Irissy said:
Hmm... can it be a secret message? :graucho:

Rut Roh

Could it be....?? :amazed:

Something from THIS MAN????

richard-simmons.jpg

(I had a long day hence the weird mood tonight :lol: )

helenNZ said:
hi again, Roo - i just checked my other b-bags... my black city seems like its got 'larger nicks' on them compared to the other 2 bags... i've never noticed them before! hehehe! all my b-bags are real - got them from BalNY, Aloha Rag and 1 from a PF member.... lets see what everyone else says.... I'm sure its fine though!!! :biggrin:

Thanks Helen! This will be an interesting factoid to add to the Bal Collectors Archives, eh? :yes: