Storing your BV bags

Thanks for sharing the pics! Right now some of my bags are in their dust bags on the floor while I do a closet sort. The flat storage is an interesting idea because these bags do slouch at funny angles if stored upright unless stuffed and primped a bit. I have to admit I hadn't thought of storing the bags where easily visible, though that makes sense for ease of selection. A good idea.

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
@jbags07 - never mind the organization, I'm like :drool::loveeyes: at your collection!!!
Thank you :hugs: i love many of my BV styles but Venetas are just so classic BV! And so easy to carry:love:
Definitely watching this thread, and love your bags and the storage! I'm curious how everyone stores their bags. I plan to buy a new house in the next few months, and storage/display of my luxury items will be a factor when I'm looking.
So exciting! It would be neat if you could dedicate a bedroom into a bag room, in your new home. And create displays, shelving etc. and place a comfy chair in the center so you can sit and enjoy the view :loveeyes:
I think a sheet of acid free tissue paper might be a good idea in between the bags so no color transfers
Thats a great idea, thank you :flowers:
Fabulous collection.
Thank you :hugs:
Yes, this and rotate the stack on a regular basis.
Good idea, to prevent indents and wrinkling.
Thanks for sharing the pics! Right now some of my bags are in their dust bags on the floor while I do a closet sort. The flat storage is an interesting idea because these bags do slouch at funny angles if stored upright unless stuffed and primped a bit. I have to admit I hadn't thought of storing the bags where easily visible, though that makes sense for ease of selection. A good idea.
My pleasure, thank u for looking :flowers:
Agree, upright storage for hobos doesn’t quite work. I do have a wall of bag shelving, but my cabats take up so much room i ran out lol. i was really happy when i found these wide shelves.

Any thoughts on hanging Venetas and Cervos? On hooks or on hangers on a rolling rack? I considered that, but was afraid hanging would damaging/stretch out the bags.

If you have a lot of bags, organizing them is always a challenge. I’ve been reorganizing and downsizing my bag collection the last few months. I have a wall of shelving to hold most of my bags, but hobos and Venetas are such an issue when you have a lot of them. I found a wonderful little shelving system at Ikea that has nice wide shelves that make it ideal for storing wide hobos. They stack also, so u can go up if you don’t have a lot of floor space. I have 2 stacked below, and I am going to add another unit on top to hold some additional bags.

I wanted to share here if any of you are also looking for ideas. And it would be wonderful to see what all of you do to store your bags! Please share :smile:

For now I’ve removed the dust bags b/c i will rotate more if i can see what i have. Wondering tho, do y’all think i should put them back on, to prevent indents and color transfer?

The Venetas are size large. They fit perfectly. My mediums are stacked over on my wall shelves. And my minis are in a clutch organizer i bought on amazon. I can add a pic later. I was hoping my Laurens would fit in it, but they are too wide. Same with my Knots. Has anyone found wide slot organizers for these styles?

Here is the unit…..

And some of my hobos/Venetas….

View attachment 5789765View attachment 5789766View attachment 5789767View attachment 5789768View attachment 5789769View attachment 5789770
This is such a stunning collection!

You have a better selection in your closet than most BV stores!!! :smile:

@jbags07, a good substitute for acid free tissue paper between the bags is Reemay or Hollytex which is used in archival storage. They come in sheets or roll.
This is pricey stuff but they won’t tear if you are going to be rotating the stacks or just moving the bags off and on when you are reaching for your bag of the day.

i would also say hooks rather clothes hangers if you want to do hanging on a rack, I‘ve done that. And hooks that have more of a curvature like these from Bag a Vie. You can probably find cheaper options and where it’s a double hook hanger on the interweb.

HTH

The Venetas are size large. They fit perfectly. My mediums are stacked over on my wall shelves. And my minis are in a clutch organizer i bought on amazon. I can add a pic later. I was hoping my Laurens would fit in it, but they are too wide. Same with my Knots. Has anyone found wide slot organizers for these styles?

I have been looking into getting something to organize my Knots and Laurens too and there is a woman who I follow on IG who has an organizing company called Imagine it Done and she often shows organizational products on her IG stories.

One of the items that she uses when organizing clients' closets are these transparent acrylic shelf dividers from Amazon that you can slide onto your shelving and it's specifically to keep clutches/small purses upright and divided from one another so something like this may be helpful for Knots and Laurens.

Has anyone tried bag hooks on adjustable stands, similar to the photo below? I'm considering these for my bags that do not stand upright on their own, including my hobos. But I would prefer the bottom of the bag be able to rest on the shelf surface below, with the hook merely holding the bag upright.

41a1UGlYa6L._AC_.jpg

Reactions: jbags07
Has anyone tried bag hooks on adjustable stands, similar to the photo below? I'm considering these for my bags that do not stand upright on their own, including my hobos. But I would prefer the bottom of the bag be able to rest on the shelf surface below, with the hook merely holding the bag upright.

View attachment 5793217
Yep! I have a handful of stands like these. Here's what I bought:

I got the silver finish, and I purposefully bought these for the wider top support bar. I didn't want a slender hanger-bar to put pressure on the straps and crease the leather. I adjusted the height of the stands so that:
1) the bag gently sits lightly on the base.
2) the hanger-bar takes some weight, but the bag isn't hanging fully from its strap/handle.
3) the bag is supported enough by 1 and 2 not to crease.

Let me know if that helps and/or if you want photos. :flowers:

I got the silver finish, and I purposefully bought these for the wider top support bar. I didn't want a slender hanger-bar to put pressure on the straps and crease the leather. I adjusted the height of the stands so that:
2) the hanger-bar takes some weight, but the bag isn't hanging fully from its strap/handle.

Thank you - I noticed they have lots of options for these stands, and it looks yours are one of the better options. I think these stands will work for some of my hobos and maybe my Cabats too. I'll look into purchasing these ones I get into a new home and set up my closet. :smile:

Reactions: Euclase and jbags07
This is such a stunning collection!

You have a better selection in your closet than most BV stores!!! :smile:
Thank you! You made me laugh lol. :lol:
@jbags07, a good substitute for acid free tissue paper between the bags is Reemay or Hollytex which is used in archival storage. They come in sheets or roll.
This is pricey stuff but they won’t tear if you are going to be rotating the stacks or just moving the bags off and on when you are reaching for your bag of the day.

i would also say hooks rather clothes hangers if you want to do hanging on a rack, I‘ve done that. And hooks that have more of a curvature like these from Bag a Vie. You can probably find cheaper options and where it’s a double hook hanger on the interweb.

HTH
Oohhhh thank you :hbeat: These are both wonderful ideas/products! I appreciate the links so much too. I am going to purchase these. The curved hangers are a fantastic option, and the archival paper is brilliant and worth the investment. Many thanks:flowers:
I have been looking into getting something to organize my Knots and Laurens too and there is a woman who I follow on IG who has an organizing company called Imagine it Done and she often shows organizational products on her IG stories.

One of the items that she uses when organizing clients' closets are these transparent acrylic shelf dividers from Amazon that you can slide onto your shelving and it's specifically to keep clutches/small purses upright and divided from one another so something like this may be helpful for Knots and Laurens.
Wonderful! I am going to go find her now. I did purchase some acrylic dividers from amazon, but they did not have enough space between the individual dividers to fit the Laurens or Knots. Maybe she has some that do.

These look fantastic! Such a great way to display bags:heart: