Stories about how you got your currents pets?

Blue, is our first dog (never had dogs before) and we got him from what I thought was a reputable bulldog breeder.
Wellie, is our second dog.
We had a trainer for Blue who let us know about a bulldog whose owners decided they didn't want him anymore and asked Blues trainer to find him a home.
He was only 13 months old at the time. Since it was either us or rescue, we took him.

Sammy showed up at our back patio door one early morning. We already had two cats and didn't want another but he was so cute and super tame and friendly, I started feeding him and eventually he became part of the family. Now he's our only kitty and 100% indoors.
sammy box.jpg

Reactions: Lalaka and Pmrbfay
I adopted my bunny from a rescue group. My bunny of thirteen years had passed away June of 2015 and a year later (and much convincing to mom) I googled rabbit adoption and came across the rescue group. I had a phone interview, home visit and before you know it, my baby boy came home with me!

3 were born in my house, mom got sick and had no milk. I slept on the floor next to their box for 3 weeks to feed them every 4 hours. They are so precious to me and are almost 12-1/2 years old, pretty much their lifespan. It will be hard. They have never been separated for even a night since they were born.

Reactions: Straight-Laced
I wanted a bombay or a burmese. I went to cat show talked to breeders. But ended up rescuing 2 tonkinese bonded male female. They came from same home owner could no longer take care of them because of health issues. I really like them and they have no bad habits. They were declawed when i got them so i finally have a leather couch. I bought them a heated flat bed and they love it. Lulu and Oliver.

Reactions: sdkitty